Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your fav veggi recipe

Options
  • 27-08-2005 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

What's your fav veggi/vegan recipe? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭kestrel

i love my stir-fries. at the moment, my favourite meal is

half cup pasta
    lots of veg- i use sweetcorn, chickpeas, onions, peppers, tomatos, pumpkin seeds, scallions, peas and whatever else is lying around. (the emphasis is on colour)
    quorn pieces.

stick the pasta on before you start chopping. when everything is ready, cook the quorn in veg oil until it gets a LITTLE brown, then stick in the peppers and onions. after a couple of minutes, start putting in everything else, keeping the ones you don't want to cook much til last (eg, peas, pumpkin seeds). keep stirring. when it's cooked, strain the pasta and mix it through the veg/quorn. pop it out onto a plate, and sprinkle some basil on top.

it's so quick (10-15mins including chopping), easy, and the juices from everything (specifically the tomato!) mix to make it absolutely gorgeous. mmmmmmm

(edit to add-i usually only ever cook for one, so more pasta if your cooking for more. also, i cooked this for 4 of my non-veggie friends, and they absolutely loved it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

My favourite recipe ever is Nigella Lawson's vegetarian chilli (from her latest book, Feast). I have made it weekly since I got it and it's always wonderful! It's on page 402, so next time you're in a bookshop, have a sneaky peek ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

vegetable korma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Pasta with olive oil, garlic, chili and parmesan, not vegan but man is it tasty, with a nice big piece of crusty bread to soak up all that oily goodness.
    Oh you may also want to get vegetarian parmesan, didn't think about the possibility of rennet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Sirloin steak cooked rare with roast potatoes,as this is a veggie thread coz normally i'd just have the steak by itself!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

'peta peta' */points at degsy* 'look,look, a bad joke.'

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Degsy wrote:
    Sirloin steak cooked rare with roast potatoes,as this is a veggie thread coz normally i'd just have the steak by itself!

exceedingly humourous, however, please stop trolling the vegetarian forum, or i will ban you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ah a mod looked in here!thanks.i think somebody should move that magic numbers thread too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

vibrant wrote:
    My favourite recipe ever is Nigella Lawson's vegetarian chilli (from her latest book, Feast). I have made it weekly since I got it and it's always wonderful! It's on page 402, so next time you're in a bookshop, have a sneaky peek ;)

Oooh sounds yummy.

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

Well I thought it was funny...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭taibhse

Pad thai noodles mmm tasty :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭FakePlasticMan

Home made veggie chilli, using brown lentils instead of mince with a generous spoon of Marmite and then all the usual veggies and beans that you'd put in a chilli. Use the stock from the lentils as well. I've served this to non veggie friends....most of them actually....and usually they wont believe there is no meat in it. is my favourite comfort food ever...:-)

I do cheat and use the Schartz chilli mix..cos is just my favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mbf

Made with real shepherds!

Only joking - it's a vegan shepherds' pie with a sort of middle-eastern twist. My carniverous friends loved it, forgetting I'm vegetarian until after they'd finished.

Details here:

http://frogbrothers.net/blog/item/lebaneseshepherdspie.php

There's a few more recipes there too...

mbf.

Advertisement