Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non Veggie "veggie food"

Options
  • 27-08-2005 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭

Having worked in Burger King and Supermacs I can tell you that in Supermacs chances are the veggie burgers have been done in the same oil as fish whereas in Burger King the veggie burgers should be ok as theyre microwaved but the beanburgers and chips are done in the same oil as chicken

Any other products that should be ok but arent?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

thanks for those ones,its not i ever eat that crap but it is good to know!
    i don't know any as i have not worked as a cook anywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

:eek:

Who'da thunk it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Hehe.

We used to put all sorts of crap into the 'veggie' food part of the deli at work.
    Veggie pizza made to order with ham mixed in under the cheese.
    etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

why?

Bored at work.
    Low paying job.
    The hilarity.
    Only done it to idiots.
    QED

• Advertisement

some people would knck ya out for that,after they puked of course :)

Aye.
    I know.
    But they were real assholes.
    tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Bored at work.
    Low paying job.
    The hilarity.
    Only done it to idiots.
    QED

How hi-larious. You should talk to RTE Two about getting your own amusing Monday night comedy programme.

I'm sensing some sarcasm here...

The force is strong within you.

• Advertisement

My sarky senses are tingling...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

some people would knck ya out for that,after they puked of course :)

so true, but then again they wouldn't have the strength to do so :D

im fairly certain that i would be in some mood and might pull it off ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

im fairly certain that i would be in some mood and might pull it off ;)

you mean knock me out?

could be fun

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The real kick in the teeth is Soya. Most of it contains GMO Soya ,and I reckon many vegetarians would rather something organic given the choice.

And I've seen things labelled as "suitable for Vegetarians" even though they contains egg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 plink

And I've seen things labelled as "suitable for Vegetarians" even though they contains egg.

yeh...but most veggies eat dairy products??
    i mean hey, i've seen things like bottled water and beetroot labled suitable for vegetarians...i mean duh!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

What about the thousands of innocent bacteria in your so-called 'veggie' food?Do they have no rights because of thier size?It would seem so-called vegetarians just dont care..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 plink

Degsy wrote:
    What about the thousands of innocent bacteria in your so-called 'veggie' food?Do they have no rights because of thier size?It would seem so-called vegetarians just dont care..

huh??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

plink wrote:
    huh??

Don't worry - it's just another comedian.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

bohsman wrote:
    Burger King the veggie burgers should be ok as theyre microwaved but the beanburgers and chips are done in the same oil as chicken

Really? I've had the bean burger a few times, and noticed that it was microwaved (not fried). Even heard the microwave beep when it was ready! Unless it was fried earlier and then just re-heated on request?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

vibrant wrote:
    Really? I've had the bean burger a few times, and noticed that it was microwaved (not fried). Even heard the microwave beep when it was ready! Unless it was fried earlier and then just re-heated on request?

The veggie burgers are microwaved, unless theyve changed the beanburgers recently but it would be impossible to reheat them after taking them out of the oil, the fryers make a similar but louder beeping than microwaves

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Ah, feck :(

Gadgie wrote:
    Don't worry - it's just another comedian.

Humour...Vegetarianism...N'er the twain shall meet,eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Degsy wrote:
    Humour...Vegetarianism...N'er the twain shall meet,eh?

You missed the master class on vegetarianism and are bitter about it am I right?

You're right on the humour thing though, all those hindus, not even a giggle I tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pinkv

plink wrote:
    yeh...but most veggies eat dairy products??
    i mean hey, i've seen things like bottled water and beetroot labled suitable for vegetarians...i mean duh!

There are many so called 'obviously vegetarian' products that actually have hidden animal produts/byproducts in them. For example, Heinz tomato ketchup at my last check was not suitable for a vegetarian diet, something that could possibly have been recently changed. Also a big factor that usually catches vegetarians out are E numbers, many food colourings, preservatives, stabilisers etc. contain non-vegetarian products. Certain wines contain a fish byproduct, which is rarely labeled on the bottle. If you are looking for wine, I would recomend Tesco & Marks & spencers as they clearly label wine which vegies can drink. These are just a few things that make the life of veggies rather difficult & if food manufactuers have the decency to clearly label products for us, the least we can do is appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Maybe you shouldn't be so pedantic about vegatarianism.

Blisterman wrote:
    Maybe you shouldn't be so pedantic about vegatarianism.
    why shouldn't people be?It's what they belief,it's not like it is going to be some half hearted effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

omg, i did know all that. wines with fish products?! crazy! and the ketchup... insane!! thx for the info!!!! i'll be checkin it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 PoiBoi_Patch

oh dawling tis indeed a meer discombobulation of the carnicours mind!!!

• Advertisement

why shouldn't people be?It's what they belief,it's not like it is going to be some half hearted effort.

Why shouldnt people be?Because its BORING thats why.Nobody gives a damn about petty,self-righteous idealism.

Advertisement