Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€50 euro away!

• 27-08-2005 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

W00t! I recounted my money and have been saving and found that i hade more than €250. so I have €400 now and I cant remembver who said it but it was €450 on towerhobbies for everything but fuel. Is this right? dose that include p&p? and how much does fuel cost? there is a local LHS by me so it shouyldnt be that bad. and lastly (did I forget to say this was a T-MAXX? oops i did but meh you know now :) ) any tips for break in first run etc.? if i order it from tower gobbies how long should it take? or if i order it from modelsport will it be cheaper and take less time???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

ok, tower hobbies including shipping will come to about 400 euro (including vat on import @ 30% to cover impport duty as well) for a t-maxx, but this could take up to 6 weeks to arrive (mine took 6 days to the order date to arrive from there)

Modelsport will cost you ~440-450 euro but will arrive in 3~4 days, no import duty.

your choice, is it worth waiting ~6 weeks to save ~40 euro? (again, there is a very slim chance of getting away with the import duty, this would save you a lot if you got away with it (20~30% of the price)

Also, recommended buying at the same time, a few spur gears and also some glo plugs, you will need these for general bashing!

You will also need a starter battery and charger (standard 7.2V battery packs, available from ALL hobby stores), and also fuel, then you are ready to start crashing your spanky new T-MAXX ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Ok thx alot. I tought tower rote gift on it so it cant be taxed? well that is what I read. when you are ordering is there a way of telling them to right gift on it??? and yes I will get a few spur gears since i herd about people neediing to get them replace alot. and delivery can be betwwen 6days to 6 weeks?
    EDIT: can you reccommend me a glow plug and spur gear???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 wheelspins

i know someone who bought from tower and i am not 100% sure but i dont think they will mark it as a gift.

Advertisement