Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plz sum1 help asap!

Options
  • 27-08-2005 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

hey every1. i accepted the bachelor of science degree in ucd but i dont really want to do it anymore. does any1 know if i wud be able to change to food science?? i have the correct points/requirements etc... so if there were any places yet do yout hink they cud switch me over? has any1 done anything like this before??
    plz respond asap.
    i rang ucd today but theres no answer, agh! does any1 know who i cud ring to find out??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

i switched from arts to another course in ucd. once i was in arts, i realised i wanted to change, so i asked the student relations guy (guy from the country, moss garde i think his name was in the Arts faculty, probably a different one for food science but not if you took computer science as a BA not a Bsc) he basically tells you what to do which involves running to the administration building (Micheal Tierney methinks) then to your Dean of Faculty. as long as you know what u want to do and are determined to do it they`ll change you. they have ways of making sure its what you want like "fixing" deadline times to 4pm THAT DAY just to see if your not just changing for the sake of changing.

hope that helps, otherwise, party for the weekend, and sort it out on monday morning, about 10.30am is usually a good time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭pFd

thanks alot economaniac that really helped.
    go raibh maith agat!
    i really dont want to do that science course any more. so at least it is possible to change courses. i hope there are vacancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I've never heard of people having trouble changing courses. If you are in Dublin, then go into UCD and talk to people as opposed to ringing them. Since you're down to do science go into the science faculty (or ucdd science centre of ucdd or what ever it's called now). On the middle floor of the science lecture building (the one in the middle) there's the faculty office. Talk to the people there.

With most college things you have to just stick with it. Keep talking to people, follow things up and don't give up.

Advertisement