Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy , medium , hard?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Atari Jaguar
    For FPS games hard virtually all the time, they tend to make them way too easy. However for strategy games usually medium, its one thing loading back and losing 5 mins in a buggered up run in an FPS, its another losing 45mins in an RTS. For beat em ups tend to be medium/hard for capcom's (6 stars usually), and hardest for 3d beat em ups. Just depends on the game really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Depends what I want the game for..if I want to compete online etc I'll go straight to hard, but if I just want to play the game for the plot I'll play on easy/medium..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Hard
    the poll wrote:
    Easy with cheats on, im a big girl!!
    I resent the wording of this poll :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Atari Jaguar
    I resent the wording of this poll :p

Thankfully not the spelling
    Level of dicciculty?

kdjac

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Hard
    I base all games by playing on medium first, then deciding what difficulty later suits me if I have any intention of playing again (or keep playing if it gets too frustrating / simple).

I think this applies to the humble majority.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I play hard to medium then to easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Sugarbear

Hard
    Medium's the best way to go to get a feel for the game, and then decide whether you're good enough for hard....or if you're total sh*te and have to turn it down a notch :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Atari Jaguar
    i generally pick hard, since i find it more enjoyable when theres a genuine challenge.

but for games like the total war series, or civ type games, ill pick medium or sometimes easy, cause i suck at them.

managed to clear far cry on the 2nd hardest setting, but damn, the hardest is bloody hard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I used to play everything on hard mode, but these days I usually start off on medium mode for a fun time with no frustration. I am now playing HL2 again on hard mode and I'm pwning the AI :) (The prison will be hard though) :!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Hard
    Medium most of the time, the odd time hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Atari Jaguar
    I usually go for the toughest level in soccer games because then when you've played a league game and you've grinded out a 0-0 playing against a good side and your lads are muck, you'll fell you've earned it. I always find that when you go to easy or medium and get used to destroying them, its not too much of a step up to hard. I enjoy the time I have not being good at a game because when I get to the stage I can beat any team in the game with any other, its boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

Hard
    I go for medium then I work my way up the ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

Atari Jaguar
    Hard at least, legendary or godlike if you can do it without reloading ever time you kill someone.
    Best example i have is halo, about 2 levels into the game i was only using the green energy pistol and the standard marine pistol. Charge green pistol pop out of cover shoot big shilded guy and his shields dissappear, switch to pistol and put either one bullet in his head of three in his chest and it's all over. See my friend playing it and he is still using the machine gun, he just runs up point blank and fills the guy's chest with lead, unless theirs two in which case he just runs up point blank and fills the guy's chest with lead run around in circles while reloading and then runs up point blank and fills the second guy's chest with lead. I enjoyed the game more than him and played it twice, but then thats most likely because i'm an addict. I suppose it depends on how serious a gamer you are.
    For strategy games i go hard as well, you may die in the first 5-15 min about 10 times but then you learn how to survive the first fight. After that it's just a matter of balancing your economy. Well ok it's a little bit trickier than that but i find it really helps speed up the learning curve.

PS cheats are just pointless and the only excuse is that you have finished the game already and are just having fun .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Hard
    Medium pretty much always. Can't think of the last game I either downgraded to 'Easy' or upgraded to 'Hard' tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Atari Jaguar
    Racing games and beat em up are always hard and RTS's medium but i generally dont play games with a skill setting or i just never bothered to look maybe. RPG's mainly dont come with skill settings afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Medium
    I go for easy cuse i find it hard to find time to finish a game once. Time is short enough and there ar so many games I want to get around to playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Easy
    Easy with cheats on. If I wanted to be challanged I'd beat my head off the wall and enter the special olympics. RL is challanging enough, I play games to be entertained, not frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

Medium
    grimloch wrote:
    For a first play, gererally medium or more likely easy. If I feel like replaying then maybe hard.

For games like Invisible War with its deplorable combat physics it will always be easy.

i'm generally the same. start of with normal/easy/medium and then if i play for a game a second time i'll move up to the hardest level.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

FPS - medium
    Schmups - medium
    Racing - hard/realistic
    Flying - hard/realistic
    Turn/Strategy - medium 1st, then hard

Advertisement