Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question bout food science

Options
  • 27-08-2005 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

i was reading the career choice magazine and it said you either study french or german. is this true. i cant stand languages and i definitely dont want to start doing french again after doing the leavin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭pFd

even if you view this post. please reply. it's the only 1 in the forum which has 0 posts!! just say anything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I don't do it myself but here's a link that may help you.

I'm kind of interested in it for my second choice when I apply next year. Anyone here taking it who can say if it's any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

not doing it myself but they generally have quite a few hours. Last year the food science students had most of what general science had and then add on their particular food science topics and practicals, so you'll be kept busy!!

link whats common to food science and general science (1st year):

Animal Biology and Evolution
    Discrete Mathematics
    Calculus
    Cell and Plant Biology
    Organic Chemistry and Chemical Biology
    Physical and Inorganic Chemistry
    The physics modules might be common to both also (didn't do physics in 1st year so i'm not sure)

The two option modules are pretty much what i did last year too so only food diet and health is particular to food science - lot of hours but supposedly an enjoyable course from what i've heard - good luck

Advertisement