Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulmers Comedy Festival

Options
  • 27-08-2005 4:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Was saying to John last night that I was thinking of going to this for the Umbilical Brothers (Friday), Denis Leary (Saturday) and Bill Bailey (Sunday). Up Friday, back Monday. Anyone else up for it?

adam

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

We also discussed a poker night, John's got the decks and chips, I've got the location and Jack Daniels (actually the JD is for other people, I just want to lay into all that beer left from the housewarming). We'd need another 2-4 people for that.

Also, if anyone of you remember Helen from that party - small brunette, impressive bust, Karen Walker voice - she's having a house party on the 10th and I assume that since she's met ye, ye'd be welcome. Or not, I don't care, I just want company cos the people she brought to mine were such assholes!

(“Asshole” is my word of the month. Get over it mods.)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Bill Bailey is damn tempting.

nesf wrote:
    Bill Bailey is damn tempting.
    Indeed, but would you go to the gig?

I'll have to think about it, it'd be awkward with college and tbh I'd only be interested in seeing Bill Bailey.

Bill's playing Saturday and Sunday, so if I can't get anyone to do the full weekend I suppose I could go to him on Saturday. I'd have to stay over though, I hate driving straight back down.

Don't tell me none of ye play poker?

adam

• Advertisement

I play on and off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Never actually played, though I love watching tournaments on the telly-box. Any trips etc though are out for me at the moment as there's just too much on, plus I really wouldn't be interested in spending all that money just to see a few comedians.

dudara wrote:
    Never actually played, though I love watching tournaments on the telly-box.
    Only show I ever really enjoyed was Late Night Poker on C4, but I got bored of that. And I haven't played meself in years, never had a suitable table and the people I used to play with would only play for twos and pennies, which gets dull very quickly. So I'd like to have a wee tourney, where everyone puts in a tenner and the chip winner takes all. Got a tenner? :)
    Any trips etc though are out for me at the moment as there's just too much on, plus I really wouldn't be interested in spending all that money just to see a few comedians.
    But... but... comedians are the new rock stars, kind of, ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

dahamsta wrote:
    But... but... comedians are the new rock stars, kind of, ish.

only if you're a desperate groupie

/checks myself...

No I'm not!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

dahamsta wrote:
    So I'd like to have a wee tourney, where everyone puts in a tenner and the chip winner takes all. Got a tenner? :)

Sounds like what we used to do in college. Texas Hold'em, right? Sounds like a laugh - I'm up for it, providing I'm free...

• Advertisement

dudara wrote:
    only if you're a desperate groupie
    Indeed, because comedians are traditionally such a sexy bunch. :)
    Fysh wrote:
    Texas Hold'em, right?
    Yip.

Advertisement