Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple music player

Options
  • 27-08-2005 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I'm in the process of designing a new website and want to include a simple flashed basic music player for the corner of the screen, nothing fancy, just one background song with a flash button for stop/start. Now I am familiar with Flash as I've had it on my computer since I've had it, I'm very familar with programming as I know a few languages. The thing is, I find taking the initial plunge with Flash & ActionScript impossible! Anyone know how I can learn a basic amount of Flash to help myself make a simple music player? (I've already got books in Flash, Flash for dummies, Flash MX accelerated guide - both absolutely **** and no help at all)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Laguna wrote:
    Hi there, I'm in the process of designing a new website and want to include a simple flashed basic music player for the corner of the screen, nothing fancy, just one background song with a flash button for stop/start. Now I am familiar with Flash as I've had it on my computer since I've had it, I'm very familar with programming as I know a few languages. The thing is, I find taking the initial plunge with Flash & ActionScript impossible! Anyone know how I can learn a basic amount of Flash to help myself make a simple music player? (I've already got books in Flash, Flash for dummies, Flash MX accelerated guide - both absolutely **** and no help at all)

Hi laguna, to make a flash media player like the one you require is not as hard as it seems. Create two buttons, stop and play.

The actionscript on the stop button would be:

on (release){
    unloadmovienum("target_audio");
    }

The actionscript on the play button would be:

on (release){
    loadmovienum("soundfile.swf", "target_audio");
    }

Now create a movie clip and drag it onto the main stage, give it an instance name of "target_audio" and thats it in a nutshell.

Advertisement