Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

k750i questions

• 27-08-2005 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭

i'm thinking of getting one of these as a upgrade from a 6600.

i just have a few questions to some of the owners.

1. how fast is boot time? on my nokia 6600 it takes about 40 seconds to start up.

2. where can i get this in dublin sim free? i'm planning to go in to dublin tomorrow (sunday) and buy one.

i'm also changing over from meteor to vodafone as coverage in my area on meteor isn't the best (sometimes get no coverage at all), so i'll be getting this changed aswell, reason for this is i'm starting a job on monday and i need to be contactable (obiviously)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Takes mine 9 seconds to reach the pin code screen then 5 more when the pin codes entered.

3G and carphone warehouse sell it sim free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Great phone, but a word of warning, if you use bluetooth accesories, it will drive you mad. I wont connect to my car kit and the connection to my computer is intermittent at the best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what's it like for connecting to the pc with bluetooth dongle?

i have an MSI dongle and i wouldn't mind using it, the 6600 was a pain in the arse trying to connect it to the pc.

i don't use bluetooth accessories except for the dongle for connecting to pc.

bennyx_o any idea on price?

i'm liking that boot time, beats 40 seconds no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I use an MSI bluetooth dongle and havn't had problems with it.

IIRC, it's €449 in CPW and €399 in 3G.

that's a bit steep, i thought i read it was €369 in o2.

i might have to buy it off the net so.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

If you are switching to Vodafone, i' d recommend waiting a while.
    cause i was told that the K750i was coming out on voda on the 1st Sept
    so it could save ya a few €s

yeh, but i'd like it unbranded too, nothing worse than have a big dirty vodafone logo on your phone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The offer CPW have with Meteor is good. You get the 750i sim free plus a contract to Metoer.

If you know some one who wants to swithc to bill pay but wants to keep there phone have a word with them.

I've had no problems with bluetooth. Sent a 3mb file from laptop to phone in about 5 mins

yeh i was also looking at that bill pay talk 60

which is 20 euro a month, 60 minutes (wouldn't go much over that)

and the phone for €169

how long are meteor's contracts a year? do i own the phone after that?

Advertisement