Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircomnet Free Number ??

Options
  • 27-08-2005 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,

I can't find a section to put this in so here goes ??

Can anybody tell me the eircomnet (dialup) free number, username/password ??

Thanks in advance... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭BlueShaun

1892150150 i seem to remember. No Username or pass required, as they dont want anything getting in the way of the financial rape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

Hi,

I can't find a section to put this in so here goes ??

Can anybody tell me the eircomnet (dialup) free number, username/password ??

Thanks in advance... :)
    Number 1892150150 ISP Eircomnet password Eircomnet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Macca'87

So what does that ISP and password do???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

gives you dialup access, but don't think it's free.

IOL has a similar thing, but cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the reason it is given the name free is because you don't have to pay a monthly charge to use the number, you just pay for the call.

in the dark days (about 5-6 years ago) of dial up you had to pay a monthly fee (something like £15) then you could use the number at local call rates

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭CISCOCERTIFIED

So you just need to enter the phone number, no username/password ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Cisco,

you must use user/pass

they are

eircomnet/eircomnet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭CISCOCERTIFIED

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Zoinked to nets/comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

So what is the point of putting in a username and password then. I use the 1892150150 number and dont have the username or password entered or saved. So really it is not free to connect to the number. I taught that if someone setup a freefone number you could conect to that and not be charged for going on the net, anyone know of a number like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

CyberGhost wrote:
    Cisco,

you must use user/pass

they are

eircomnet/eircomnet
    You can use what ever username password you want. I seem to still use free/free. But you probably don't need to enter anything as mentioned above

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there is no and will never be a 1800 number for the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Well its called free because you don't have to pay subscription. Technically its a free service but you have to pay the phone charges

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

And as to "why doesn't someone set up a freephone number for the internet??" - There's no such thing as a freephone number really, someone always pays for the call - usually whoever owns the "free" number.

Some of the ISP's offer flat rate (though usually with a cap of 120-150 hours) dialup services for a few quid a month. Though if you're in an area capable of getting broadband you'd be far better off getting that instead of paying for dialup. Just don't get any of the retarded 20-hours-a-month packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

There are a list of dialups here - http://iiu.taint.org/w/FreeDialupIsps

I've been looking for a national dialup number, my broadband is gone but i have free landline calls during offpeak times. Does anyone know of a dialup number that is not a 1850,1890 etc.

I have found one at the above link but ive not tried it out yet. sorry for hijacking your thread but its more or less on the same topic...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I was under the impression that the telcos know most of the public ISP numbers (1892 or national, whatever) and as such exclude them from free voice call plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

About 4 years ago Eircom had a local number for each area code to connect to.
    However once people started getting packages from other companies which gave 'x minutes of free local calls' they yanked all those numbers and replaced it with a 1891 number.
    This number cost the same as a local call from anywhere in the country but wasn't covered by the 'free local calls' offers.
    Then about 3 years ago Eircom replaced the 1891 number with a 1892 number.
    This prefix is only used by internet dial up services so on itemised phone bills it is seperated out into its own little box.
    It was about this time when the 'Your spending HOW MUCH on the internet!!!' arguments started in my house :D

Advertisement