Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James (Street Spirit Guy)

Options
  • 27-08-2005 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

StreetSpirit.jpg

I promised him a thread in his honour, and so, here it is.

In October, a swarm of us were walking up Graftom Street when Cat asked a busker to play Street Spirit for us. He did, and was just a tad creeped out when we all lay down in the middle of the street, but kept playing. We thanked him, and went on our merry little way.

A few weeks later, just before Christmas, we were walking up Grafton Street and I heard Street Spirit and made the others stop and listen. After a few seconds, I thought I recognised him, so when he was finished I went up and asked him if he had played Street Spirit for us a few weeks ago. He had. (I believe his words were,"Oh yeah, you were the weirdos who lay down in the middle of the street! That was.. kind of scary..."). So we hovered around for a while. He played Mad World and Time of Your Life for us. Afterwards I hugged him, as did Liz.

Today, he came to the top of Grafton Street to play for us, in front of various staring randomers, with his voice going. And I finally found out his name. Afterwards, when John tried to give him money he'd collected, he refused and said we should give it to a homeless person. So Myself, Cat, John and... someone else (sorry!) went with him up Grafton Street to find someone (not to give him sexual favours, as was suggested). We came across and old woman in a side street, and James explained that we'd raised the moeney singing a song and that we'd decided to give it to someone who needed. This woman clearly needed it, and was really grateful, it was great to see.

So James, if you're reading this, you're a wonderful person. And the fact that I can say that having met you only three times for a few minutes each time says lots. Thank you!

Oh, and I like your beard.

I was the one in a red shirt with writing all over it. And no shoes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Pyschopath666

Dude thanks for playing it... it was nice to hear it live instead of on a cd
    p.s. you rock

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yes, yes, James was great!

''Is this some sort of cult?''
    ''Kinda...''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

No, it was more like:
    "You look like you're some sort of cult."
    "We are a cult!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

wow, what a nice guy.
    if there are no major objections i propose that this guy receives honourary CTYIzenship for services to music and reunions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Pyschopath666

second it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

Definetly, he was the best. What about that prat of a security guy...can we make him an eternal enemy of CTYI?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

turd it. (sorry!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Chris IS Cool

Outcast wrote:
    Definetly, he was the best. What about that prat of a security guy...can we make him an eternal enemy of CTYI?

We could hunt him down with speakers and play music very loudly in his face until he screams for mercy.
    "No music in the park" indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Definitely, if we haven't creeped him out too much and he wants it.

(That at Guy's post)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manda5678

Outcast wrote:

All Hail James Avery!!! Of course he should receive honorary CTYIzenship!!
    Yeah that security dude was just plain evil...

• Advertisement

I think those little kids who were throwing m&ms should be honourary members as well. At least on some kind of outreach programme

carlowboy wrote:
    I think those little kids who were throwing m&ms should be honourary members as well. At least on some kind of outreach programme

Or we could just shoot them, it's easier in the long run.

Or we could just shoot them, it's easier in the long run.

NO! They were genuinely funny

Yeah, every sentence in CTYI would have to be slowly explained to them after all. Shooting is the better option

Every LETTER in CTYI would have to be explained to them.

Outcast wrote:
    Yeah, every sentence in CTYI would have to be slowly explained to them after all. Shooting is the better option
    I said honourary goddamnit!
    They don't have to go to CTYI. Did you not think they were very funny.

They were funny, yes. But CTYI (and indeed the whole human race) would be better off without them.

In an irritating skanger, laughing at them kind of way. The M&Ms thing was alright but they threw a fag at someone and she got burnt. What the hell were they doing smoking anyway, they were about 10

Outcast wrote:
    In an irritating skanger, laughing at them kind of way. The M&Ms thing was alright but they threw a fag at someone and she got burnt. What the hell were they doing smoking anyway, they were about 10

ok I didn't know about the throwing a cigarette thing. I think they were less than 10 years old. Come to think of it, one of them disses my dubes and the others laughed

SHOOT THE FUCkERS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

Anyway, back on topic: I started the whole thing today by lying down when he was busking and collecting money for him/the poor old lady and actually asking him to come down to the Green and woo, yeah he's great. Go him!!! And giving the money to that woman really topped it all off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Outcast wrote:

But of course, every cult needs an eternal enemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 invisibleghost

Yeah the guy was great, though I didn't take part in the laying on the ground :(

Also the little kids with the M n' Ms slagged the purple heart glasses :( Even when I explained how they brought out my eyes :mad:

There shall be no discussion of M&M-throwing children in James' thread!

Sorry :( So, does anyone know if James plays anywhere other than Grafton Street?

carlowboy wrote:
    ok I didn't know about the throwing a cigarette thing. I think they were less than 10 years old. Come to think of it, one of them disses my dubes and the others laughed

SHOOT THE FUCkERS!

You and your dubes....

the M&M KIDS slagged purple heart glasses? why would they do such a horrible thing?

neway back to the praising of james...

Oucast: Not to my knowledge. I've only seen him those three times. Cat's seen him a good few imes though, as she's in every day. (Wench!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

so CTYIzenship for james is official,
    off topic but that security guard threatened to arrest conor for putting a pinapple(it was art foley) on the arch and told me to put away the bass(even though it was unplugged) the W*nker.

Next person to see him should kidnap him and then we can keep him in the CTYI office and he can play next years disco...

Outcast wrote:
    Next person to see him should kidnap him and then we can keep him in the CTYI office and he can play next years disco...

I'll do it!! Hey Niamh thats mean i won't be there next year :(
    we will only kidnap him until the next reunion! He'll be honored that we went to the trouble of kidnapping him..i hope..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Ah, James was great, and when Martin gave him a fiver and told him there was more where that came from, if he came and played...we should form an I Heart James fan club, with badges...oh, the possibilities!

Advertisement