Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James (Street Spirit Guy)

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

Outcast wrote:
    But James was kind of CTYIish. When he was telling us to be quiet but then had to tune his guitar, and the fact that he was willing to be our cult leader. I doubt we scared him at all. We just made him feel special
    did it ever occur to you that he was telling us to be quiet so he could tune his guitar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

did it ever occur to you that he was telling us to be quiet so he could tune his guitar?

No, because when he was tuning his guitar he told us to talk among ourselves. He's a busker, he wouldn't need quietness to tune up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

I *sniff* missed i-i-i-ttt *sob*

the train.. and

the.. time and..

the corkness.... and

*sob*

WHY mE!!!!

sorry bout the emotion, but this is all people are telling me about, and I Wasn't There!!!

I missed the train anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

Awwww poor Cathal. If it's any consolement I missed it too. (Damn Morgan nd that kid who got lost on the LUAS)

Kevin Ward. He's top of the Kill List.

it exists, you know...

• Advertisement

What exists?? Kevin Ward or your kill list??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Yanniscaus

I *sniff* missed i-i-i-ttt *sob*
    i missed it too!! :(
    it's not fair *breaks into tears*
    it sounded sooo great.....and i MISSED IT *sob*

what with living in donegal and all, and the fact that I was in dublin in thursday and missed the bus home, and had to stay over at my aunties till the next morning, so my parents didnt trust me to go again :mad: ....waahh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

Spraypaint wrote:
    I can't believe I missed all this. I REALLY wish I hadn't gone down to Trinity to say goodbye to some people who were leaving while all this happened. I'm gutted. This was one of things that only happens once. :mad:

Don't worry Killian, there'll be more reunions and we'll get him to play it again.

Anyone who didn't lie down (except photo takers - traitors!!)

I forgot my little (non-CTYI) brother was in Dublin that day with a group of his friends. Who saw me running madly to get back in time, lying down in the street to wave my arms (which were wearing fluffy handcuffs at the time) and singing along...

That was rather difficult to explain.

Both debbie. Although im sure that people find kevin ward hard to believe...

(he was such a convienient excuse...)

but its true.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 jen-pixie

Hey, about getting James Avery back for future reunions, I'd say it'll be no problem. He's often playing magnifico songs on grafton street, so for those poor CTYIzens who missed him, don't worry. I think he'll do it again, as he now has an unbreakable bond with CTYI. Next time we see him, we shall give him more details of CTYI and its location so he can contact us if destiny calls on him to do so. Hooray for James Avery, King of Reunions! :):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

If by "destiny", you mean "a bunch of us wielding sticks". We wouldn't hit him though, we love him. But he doesn't know that...
    I hope he knows some other great songs though. Great as Street Spirit is, he can't just play it repeatedly. Maybe some other Radiohead songs, like Exit Music for a Film (God help me, I love that song!). Or we can get Dave (Ruane) to teach him Pinball Wizard, or Sunday Bloody Sunday. Then he can be like Dave, and play them over and over again (with a bit of All Along the Watchtower), yet they never get boring...

Advertisement