Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Metal.......

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

EDIT: and for those who enjoy the atheist/death/cynic technical death styling, try Illogicist. A new band with promise.

Oooh. They're rather ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

Dathai wrote:
    Im actually looking forward to Varg's release very much so, mainly to see what he thinks of the world as it is now, and music as it is now.

Is it next year he gets out? I thought he got some added time for kidnapping a family when he was out on Temporary Release last year (or maybe the year before). Didn't the cops arrest him at a road block while he was in the familys car, dressed in camo gear with a load of weapons and GPS equipment. Someone tell me that I didn't dream this.
    Read an interview with him a while back and he actually seemed quite interlligent, shame he's more nuts than a bag of Planters really :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, back to topic. I got out of black metal a long time ago but recently spotted The Oath of Black Blood in a store and had to buy it as it was one of my favourite black metal albums and I had great memories of moshing around the house to it. Took it home and put it on and nearly fell over laughing. Sounded like utter rubbish. Amazing the difference 10 odd years of metal education makes

As somone above also said, there's very little quality in this genre. A lot of the best black metal bands are no longer around for various reasons (Varg I'm looking at you) and there are very few newer bands putting anything worthwhile out. I must say though that I was impressed with Arkhon Infaustus when they supported Deicide.

Hate to say it but to my eyes (and I could be wrong) but BM seems to be a dying breed now. You never see 'ung fellas hanging around in Burzum/Mayhem shirts that you would have 10-15 years ago. There just doesn't seem to be the interest in BM anymore. The reason for this IMO is that what was once considered death metal (In Flames, Arch Enemy, Soilwork) is brushing the fringes of being fashionable and the gulf between these genres has never been wider. The move to BM used to be a natural progression from listening to DM bands - the same as most people starting off listening to AC/DC or G'N'R then onto Metallica or Maiden and getting progressively heavier. But as DM becomes less heavy and more melodic, BM is going to suffer.

Pointless rant over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 IWILLKILLYOU

ShadowFax wrote:
    Anybody hear any of the following bands....

WinterSun / Children of Bodom / Kalmah

Anythoughts....If your into melodic, fast, technical death, ......Check these out !!! :mad:

YOU FOOL ! ... THIS S H I T YOU NAMED IS NO DEATH METAL, IT'S BLACK YOU UNEDUCATED DUMMY

HERE'S A REAL DEATH METAL BAND

BTW, BLACK METAL IS FOR PUSSIES...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

YOU FOOL ! ... THIS S H I T YOU NAMED IS NO DEATH METAL, IT'S BLACK YOU UNEDUCATED DUMMY

Cannibal Corpse

you are the reason people don't like black/death metal. the fans give it such a bad rep, unnessicarily.

moron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Cool the jets or IWILLBANYOU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

you are the reason people don't like black/death metal. the fans give it such a bad rep, unnessicarily.

moron

I agree

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Doctor J wrote:
    Cool the jets or IWILLBANYOU
    hmm just found out there is more than one mod around here...i'm slow....

I agree
    i agree.The twats i have seen on slayer dvds,it pains me.

Kinda off topic but seeing as though someone else brought it up...

Anyone see the fat little kid on the Slayer DVD (can't remember if it's Still Reigning or War at the Warfield, whichever one had the documentary on it)...
    Anyhoo, he's the one that comes out with the classic "If they're singing about death, then I'm thinking about life!!!!"

Sorry, but that cracked me up. Worth the price of the DVD on it's own

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

haha,that's a good memory.love sitting around with people listening to the fans on those dvds,that idiot- that sang the lyrics to a song completely wrong(he threw something in about a roof!) but it still had the rhythm and tune -was sooo funny :)

Aye, there was a number of classics on that one. The guy outside the venue absolutely twisted that kept screaming "SSSLLLAAAYYEEEEEERRRRR". Bet his parents are proud. That little fat dude was priceless though, I think that fact that he was so serious the whole way through it and had such a high-pitched voice made it even better.

Even the g/f was falling around laughing at him and she doesn't even like Slayer :eek:

The girl on the Pantera DVD that was bawling her eyes out because she...ahem.."loved"...ahem...one of the roadcrew was pretty funny as well. The look he gives the camera was very funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Obviously you know about this || much about black metal (as COB are certainly NOT it).

Your knowledge of "real" death metal seems equally flimsy with your apparent inability to think of one band despite promising to do so but one line before.

Just one of those idiots that thinks the only real death metal occurred circa 1988-1993. Everything else (ie. Cryptopsy, Beneath The Massacre, Devourment) is just "nu-death." Usually have an MP3 folder populated by only death and thrash up until 1993 (bar a few raw black bands so they have certain tr00ness amongst black ranks) so they can pretend they were around for it and join the almighty metal intelligensia (we know them as elitists, the types who claim superiority over others because they managed steal certain music before they did).

But then again he might be an even lesser form of life known as the poser.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭kkposse

Calling from the underground

I can feel it in the air I breathe!
    I can see we all agree
    Unwilling to change for society
    We'll be who we wanna be

We are the underground
    We are the ungerground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

HAHAHA classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

kkposse wrote:
    Calling from the underground

I can feel it in the air I breathe!
    I can see we all agree
    Unwilling to change for society
    We'll be who we wanna be

We are the underground
    We are the ungerground

Er... right. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭CISCOCERTIFIED

Where did that muppett come from ?? :rolleyes: Obviously he doesnt have a clue what he's going on about. Anyway, I agree with alot of opinions on this thread.

Cheerz guys for the cool discussion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Switchead

didnt Children of Bodom do that hilarious cover of the final countdown???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Switchead wrote:
    didnt Children of Bodom do that hilarious cover of the final countdown???

yep! however the best is Bristney Spears Oops I did It Again

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Switchead

hahaha, yeah i was listenin to their version of final countdown last nite and no one could tell me if it was children of bodom or not, of course we were very very drunk!!!

hahaha...im SURE in britney's case its the originals always best!!! :rolleyes:

Advertisement