Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best value for money Hotel in Galway?

• 28-08-2005 12:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

As per subject.... friend looking to stay a couple of nights in Galway some weekend, could anyone here recommend a hotel around the city that is ideal for someone on a budget? Hotel only, no B&B or hostels. Under €100 pps per night, ideally well under :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

travel lodge from €40 per room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

mikegannon wrote:
    travel lodge from €40 per room

Cant book them online at that price. If you ring the hotel direct, can you get them cheaper??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Why not sleepzone hostel? Double rooms at good prices and a very good standard of hostel I must admit. The only difference is theres no carpet at teh reception!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

travelodge about €49 - 59 now , book here

http://www.travelodge.ie/book_rooms/availability.php

As discussed above, show me, exactly, where on the Travelodge site you can get ANY room for ANY date in ANY Irish Travelodge at €59, which is what they advertise on the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

DMC wrote:
    As discussed above, show me, exactly, where on the Travelodge site you can get ANY room for ANY date in ANY Irish Travelodge at €59, which is what they advertise on the radio.
    Jesus dude you'd swear he was getting paid for giving you the link

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

DMC wrote:
    Under €100 pps per night, ideally well under :)

Sigh ...... its less than €100 pps per night innit . The 5th of Feb 2006 checked out at €49 for me just now O ungrateful one .

Galway is for chilled people to enjoy chilling type holidays , your therapy should be over by then :)

Ideally well under, I said, as you rightly quoted. If the same room costs €49 in February but €89 now, I for one would like to pay the lesser. Of all people, Muck, you should smell a bargain a mile away, and take it quicker than paying top dollar. FWIW, I tried a date in the middle of December, and all it would give is a family room at €89. You can only book family rooms, it seems. The UK site is pretty good for late bookings, which leads me to believe that the Irish site isn't linked too well into the reservations database. Pity.

Advertisement