Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Big Reunion October 1st

Options
  • 28-08-2005 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Yesterday was so good. Everybody try and make it up for this one. 'twill be cool :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

Same time and place I assume? We might not get so many people this time (the whole "school" thing, you know), but we may as well give it a shot. I heard a suggestion that we should "politely ask" (ie, 2ps and 1b: pressurise, petition and blackmail) Colm to book some lecture hall in DCU for a future reunion, but working on the logical assumption that John Wayne will be snowed into Hell before that happens (since they've been in Stephens Green since my brother's time), we'll try the usual time and place.
    And yes, I know that that may be the most confusing post ever. Just read it one word at a time, with regular breaks, and you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

Is this purposed reunion for both Session 1 and Session 2 or is it just for one of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manda5678

Adesina wrote:
    Is this purposed reunion for both Session 1 and Session 2 or is it just for one of them?

Hey it has to be for session 1 aswell, doesn't it...? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

wouldn't it make more sense to have it on say, the 29th? t'will be around mid term then, I'm guessing more people would be able to go..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

Have one on the 1st and the 29th!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

I always thought it might be a good idea to make the last saturday of the month a regular date for the reunions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Chunk

mid term would be a good idea but it think alot of people or going on holidays. i was amazed at the turn out of yesterday's reunion. it was unreal. if people are determined enough it can happen again. it will happen again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Chris IS Cool

guX wrote:

Good plan! But why stop there? There are at least a lot of other dates...

And why not have some reunions on Sundays instead/as well as on Saturdays for those of us who a) usually are busy with sport on saturdays and b) are very very bored on Sundays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Lady penelopy

...or make it on a sunday(say the 2nd?...my birthday!), for those of us whos crappy boarding schools make them go to class until one every sodding saturday of term*twitch*, and can therefore not be in town until at least 2.30...grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

have one EVERYDAY! (some sort of crazzzy skype conferance call thing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

For a while last year we met up most sundays due to certain problems with saturdays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

guX wrote:
    good idea i need more holes in my face., but it has to be after the 9th, and the moral support of CTYIzens would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Pyschopath666

tell me the final date and i'll be there... also I like Zounds idea of the end of every month thing.... keep it up and you'll get a star

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭odranCN

aroundmidterm in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

Manda5678 wrote:
    Hey it has to be for session 1 aswell, doesn't it...? :(

I hope so.

The problem with mid-term, as has been pointed out, is that people could be on holidays. I might not be on the 29th, but I will be after that. We should try a few saturdays and a few sundays, and see which works out better. Then that can be the reunion day from then on. But we can have a few on the other day too, just for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Put one in late October, I may drop in. I'm not free early Oct tho..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ChocolateTurtle

there's always gonna be problems in that not everyone can make it. i like the idea of the 1st and the 29th. i'll be going to both anyway. sundays might not work because of how public transport absolutely sucks (more than usual) on a sunday. :mad:

If that is indeed possible. Everything sucks on Sunday, except religious services. It's the only day a decent number of people go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Chunk

if they are on too often people wont bother going to them all and it'll just be a few people at everyone instead of a huge one. damn non-dubliners!!!

• Advertisement

Careful with that comment. You'll attract Karl to compliment you and Kevin (Jack Lynch, that is) to shout repeatedly at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Nah I'm not anti-culchie, I'm pro-non-culchie, there's a diff.

Let's just get this straightened out. There is a reunion on the 1st. Come one, come all. There's one on the 29th too, to fit Bowler's idea. We'll work out November ones later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

woot im going any galwegians going out, gimme a pm and maybe we can sort out meeting up on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭odranCN

so what day is it on?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

October 1st!!!!!!! (Didn't you read the title of the thread?) That's a Saturday btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Sadly I shant be there! :( I shall instruct a friend in what messages/greetings too give people on my behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

Why won't Daithí be present!?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

Sadly I shant be there! :( I shall instruct a friend in what messages/greetings too give people on my behalf.
    *scowls* :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

It's my friend's eighteenth and I simply HAVE to be there.

So sorry darlings! :(

Advertisement