Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free online lessons

• 28-08-2005 2:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests, I'm looking for any good free french lessons online that people may have come across. I've looked at steps on the BBC site but I think my French is at a higher level than most of that seems to be. I have an A1 in H level LC french, have done 2 language exchanges and any online placement tests have put me at an advanced level. Don't want to forget all my french, seeing as I don't study it anymore so want to do something! Would like course that would challenge me

Merci :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

vous avez une bonne éducation française

Maybe try to read a french paper often? I doubt the free online courses would be of any use to you. They are generally poor and for beginners.

Online french chat rooms would be an excellent way to keep in touch with the language

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

Le fait que vous habitez a Manooth est un bon chose parceque j'imagine que il y a quelque francophones dans la ville (ou dans l'universite). Cherchez!

Oubliez l'internet pour le francais...je pense que pour les langues, c'est mieux si vous recontrez quelq'un face a face. Vous etiez un bon etudient....A1 pour le Leaving Cert...fantasitc! Je n'ai obtenu qu'un "C1". Comme vous pouvez vous, mon grammaire n'est pas fantasitique, mais c'est beaucoup de "fun" a parler la langue. Bon chanche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

...comme vous pouvez "VOIR"......(merde!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Merci pour vos reponses. J'avais l'intention d'etudier le francais a la fac a Maynooth car il y a des cours le mardi soir, mais je n'ai pas le temps d'aller chaque semaine. Je lis les romans en francais de temps en temp (avec mon dictionnaire!) mais je voudrais apprendre le grammaire et parler avec les autres. Je crois que je vais chercher une "chat room" francaise!

Advertisement