Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Plasma 42PX3RV : Picture in Picture question

Options
  • 28-08-2005 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I went out and bought myself a 42" LG Plasma. Wow. The picture quality is great.

The sales guy said that it has dual tuner and you can do picture in picture [and yes I believed him]. The LG website says that the same thing, though.

However, after readying through the manual and going through all the settings in the menu, I can't figure out how to use it.

I'm no technphobe and I've messed around with loads of settings, I just can't seem to find any way of doing picture in picture.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭dam099

IrishTLR wrote:
    Hi guys,

I went out and bought myself a 42" LG Plasma. Wow. The picture quality is great.

The sales guy said that it has dual tuner and you can do picture in picture [and yes I believed him].
    However, after readying through the manual and going through all the settings in the menu, I can't figure out how to use it.

I'm no technphobe and I've messed around with loads of settings, I just can't seem to find any way of doing picture in picture.

Any help would be great.

What is your signal source? Are you connected directly to the cable or do you have a cable box connected e.g. via Scart?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

At the moment I have the following conencted :

Sky Digital : Scart
    DVD Player : Scart
    Digital Camcorder : 3 cables, 1 video, 2 audio

I haven't plugged in an ariel to get the 4 Irish channels but even with the three sources above, I see no options for picture in picture.

Very Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

this may sound stupid , but just pressing the PIP button on the remote should do it .

eoinf wrote:
    this may sound stupid , but just pressing the PIP button on the remote should do it .

You'd think wouldn't ye? :)

Nah, that was one of the first things I checked. Nothing on the remote even slightly resembles PIP or Picture in Picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

you havent got the right remote then cause the lg remote's defo have a PIP button on them

• Advertisement

Really? I had a feeling something was dodgy. Won't say what big chain I bought it from but I've had nothing but problems with them over the past 6 months on numerous high value items.

When I received my TV, the boax was open and some items missing. I didn't mind as they were only a few nuts and bolts that I can get in any hardware shop.

If I take a pic of my remote and post it here, can you tell me if it's the right one?

Hold off on that. I had a quick look in the manual. I DO have to proper remote. The LG website says in a few places that my set can do picture in picture but the manual NEVER mentions it.

I'll do some more research before I come back.

Never mind. I've been done again. The guy in this retail outlet cleary stated to me that it could do picture in picture. I now see which exact model I have.

The LG Site does say that my set does PIP but they have two manuals listed with model variations. One for model 42PX3RV-ZA and one for model 42PX3RVA. Both manuals have pictures of the remote controls and their functions. I have the one without PIP.

I'm gonna run through them, I really am. This is the 6th time this year, on the sixth product that I've bought, that I didn't have problems due to faulty items or blatent lying.

IrishTLR wrote:
    I'm gonna run through them, I really am. This is the 6th time this year, on the sixth product that I've bought, that I didn't have problems due to faulty items or blatent lying.

Why are you still buying from them if you have this many problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Tut, tut. Irish consumers these days. And I thought it was all government lies.

F*** me over once, shame on you and goodbye. F*** me over twice, shame on me. F*** me over three, four, five and six times, just shoot me.

IrishTLR, I work in the OICCI (Office of Irish Credit Card Inspection). Send me your credit card details (including security code etc.) and I will eh, inspect it. There is of course a mandatory inspection fee of €1,000.

;)

• Advertisement

Nice one creg. Credit card details PM'd
    Let me know your mailing address and PPS number and I'll mail you 1000 Euro cash for the charge.

Anyway, the 6 items were over two purchases. The second purchase, of this TV, was to replace one from the previous purchase. I will not be dealing with them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Name and shame?

DID Newbridge

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

IrishTLR wrote:
    DID Newbridge
    I asked a sales person in DID once about getting a Multi Region DVD player. He tried to tell me that it was technically impossible for a DVD player to be multi region. After I explained to him that my current DVD player was multi region he told me I must be playing Region 0 DVD's. Where do they hire these guys!

LFCFan wrote:
    I asked a sales person in DID once about getting a Multi Region DVD player. He tried to tell me that it was technically impossible for a DVD player to be multi region. After I explained to him that my current DVD player was multi region he told me I must be playing Region 0 DVD's. Where do they hire these guys!

This one might have been a graduate of the MPAA School of Wishful Thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

IrishTLR wrote:

Sorry to hear of your troubles dude. But surely after the 5th time you'd have learnt your lesson and bought from some place else ? I wouldn't buy a TV of that size and expense from the likes of Curry's, DID. You get ripped off and the guys in there haven't a bloody clue what they're talking about. Much better buying online, sooo much cheaper.

TC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I was told the same thing when I got my 42" lg, same model I think

Never figured it so, assuming like yours it doesn't actually have that feature...still a nice tv though, I'm sure you'll agree.

I was told the same thing when I got my 42" lg, same model I think

Never figured it so, assuming like yours it doesn't actually have that feature...still a nice tv though, I'm sure you'll agree.

I tell you, I totally agree. Picture quality is great on DVD's. The Matrix looks really nice.

Normal satalite is not the May West but you have to take the good with the bad. Normal TV is cr@p anyway, these days :)

Advertisement