Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my photo album

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Some real class stuff in there . I particularly like
    Tech_sharp.jpg
    that one.I would love to be able to make something like that. Any chance of a tip on how you did it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭call_me_fish

pixel2life.com i think. has every thing u need :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

In general they are good, definatly very neat looking and edgy. But the thing is you see this sort of stuff on every graphic/computer art site you go to. Have a look around P2l and nearly everyone has a sig like the ones in your gallery. I liked them at first when I seen them when I started computer art. But they got old quick. I thought they aways looked very impressive, but after looking at some tuts, they are all the same, but with slight changes here and there. I'm not dissing your work, i'm moro just critisizing the theme.

Here's one I like as it's different to the others.

EVil2.jpg

I was just wondering, what way did you go about doing this? Cut out filter on the person, but to me it looks more like a vector trace.* Then as for the BG maybe pixelate filter with a grid layered over it?

Thanks for reading. But you definalty show competence PS ;)

*Edit Oh I found the pic of the person on google :rolleyes: Girl with Headphones

Followed the link fish (thanks) I know the site because of its few blender tutorials that I have been reading up on recently.

_edit_ could not be ar$ed looking through the tuts on a 56k , thanks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Ive grown out of sigs too, cant even remember where to start now

They are too common now adays and it seems everyone is doing the same theme

But nice work any way

..nice find shimp :P

• Advertisement

Wether or not you like a style or theme , you should still generate knowledge in it because you learn other stuff too and you never know when you might use it either.
    Lets say , come future , you have a career in PS . A large paying client comes to you to make him a site for a new game and you say " sorry , I gave that one a miss , it was sooooo common"

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Or maybe that client just wants a real 1337 sig.

Citizen_Erased: No when you're talking money, you'd usually still do the job, but you'd mention that maybe it'd be good to try somethign a little different in comparison to the competition.

Anyways, these are just sigs.

lol yeah. it is just some thing that i do when i get bord like today <_< but i am really in to 3dmax , here is my latest work in 3D Note that am not done with it yet :p
    http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2279/rocketrearview7pd.png

Thats pretty cool. 3D work takes it's time. How long did that take to render?

• Advertisement

Shrimp wrote:
    Thats pretty cool. 3D work takes it's time. How long did that take to render?
    well am new to this thing. it took me about 15 Hours in total.i work with it about 2 or 3 hours a day, here is a latest look on it, close to finishe. just one wing left to make :)rocket3fm.th.jpg

I assume you are blurring it on purpose? no anti-aliasing?

Have you got blander and/or yafray? Does yafray support 3Dsmax?

is that directed at me?

Sorry , did leave that kinda open . I was asking call_me_fish.
    To answer your question , I presume that 3ds max has Anti Aliasing but because that isnt yet a finished model he may not have it enable to cut render times.
    The blur is , as far as I can see , for artistic purposes.

oh no, i mean his GFX card. Some cards cant support it.

Programmes like that don't work in such a way like games. It is all contained within the the programme and all processing is done by the processer itself ( I am saying that from a blender point of view) . I wish the could use the GFX cards though because theres alot of potential processing power going to waste on this machine.

I never new that actually, thats a lot of power gone to waste dont you think.

Advertisement