Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lines passes but cannot get broadband

• 28-08-2005 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭

I've ordered broadband with digiweb and they now tell me my line is unsuitable for DSL because Eircom have told them it is a "ISDN bra additional line". At the time of ordering I told the sales rep I had ISDN and they said it was no problem, they would get it downgraded. My line also passes the online test (at eircom.ie) for broadband and I live about 1 mile from the local exchange. I'd be most grateful if anyone could advise me what the problem might be...thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Darwin wrote:
    I've ordered broadband with digiweb and they now tell me my line is unsuitable for DSL because Eircom have told them it is a "ISDN bra additional line". At the time of ordering I told the sales rep I had ISDN and they said it was no problem, they would get it downgraded. My line also passes the online test (at eircom.ie) for broadband and I live about 1 mile from the local exchange. I'd be most grateful if anyone could advise me what the problem might be...thanks!

Just get your ISDN line cancelled and then re-apply with your whatever number/acc you end up with and there should be no problem.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

TimTim wrote:
    Just get your ISDN line cancelled and then re-apply with your whatever number/acc you end up with and there should be no problem.
    Bingo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Darwin

Ok guys thanks - a relief to hear its nothing more than that. Digiweb promise to look after the downgrading from ISDN to analogue (from their DSL FAQ) , but maybe nobody told their installation team :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Darwin wrote:
    Ok guys thanks - a relief to hear its nothing more than that. Digiweb promise to look after the downgrading from ISDN to analogue (from their DSL FAQ) , but maybe nobody told their installation team :)
    I think the downgrade from ISDN is in eircom's hands, and eircom just happens to have a minimum lead time of ten working days for most orders, unless you have an SLA ;) (which you don't :P)

Advertisement