Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A couple of pictures of the DVD Set..

• 28-08-2005 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

Pictures taken from here - they're from some guy in Hong Kong who picked it up in his local HMV. Seems a bit fishy.. but you certainly can't deny they look pretty damn plausible!

EDIT: Guess it is true! Look here and note the release date of 23 August 2005!

lost1.jpg
    lost2.jpg
    lost3.jpg
    lost4.jpg
    lost5.jpg
    lost6.jpg
    lost7.jpg
    lost8.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 BAm MArgera

Is series 1 being split in region 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

something seems a little off with the newspaper quotes in the 3rd pic...
    superb bit of work if it is a forgery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bawpsherep

Thanks for the pictures! The set looks quite nice. But why the uncertainty? I know of plenty of people who have already received their region 1 boxsets. I should be getting mine tomorrow in the post too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bawpsherep wrote:
    Thanks for the pictures! The set looks quite nice. But why the uncertainty? I know of plenty of people who have already received their region 1 boxsets. I should be getting mine tomorrow in the post too!
    Where'd you order from that they're shipping them early? Not actually released in the US until September 6th.

A site called Movietyme.com. Mine was shipped last week. According to a lot of folks on the Movietyme message boards (www.dvdlifestyle.com), they received theirs on Saturday. So that should mean mine will be here tomorrow! Oh yeah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Bawpsherep wrote:
    A site called Movietyme.com. Mine was shipped last week. According to a lot of folks on the Movietyme message boards (www.dvdlifestyle.com), they received theirs on Saturday. So that should mean mine will be here tomorrow! Oh yeah!

Where is that website based? I mean, where do the DVDs ship from?

I'm not 100% sure of this, but its a British run, Philidelphia based company. I think the reason why they can release dvds early is due to shipping times and making sure customers can have their dvds on day of release. It often happens that you get them a week in advance though :-) I've been using this site for years to buy discs. Find them to be very reliable and they have great customer service too.

Bawpsherep wrote:
    I'm not 100% sure of this, but its a British run, Philidelphia based company. I think the reason why they can release dvds early is due to shipping times and making sure customers can have their dvds on day of release. It often happens that you get them a week in advance though :-) I've been using this site for years to buy discs. Find them to be very reliable and they have great customer service too.

Do you mind me asking how much Lost came to all together? I'm doing some searching for prices for the R1 DVD, the ones I've found are ranging from around €35 on Amazon to €50 on Play USA.

Just checked my ccard statement. I was charged €44 for it. I originally had this on preorder from Amazon because of the price, but decided to go back to trusty reliable Movietyme (at some extra cost) knowing I'd have it earlier. Amazon quoted something crazy like "expected delivery: 26th Sept". There is NO WAY i could wait that long!

Hope this helps

Bawpsherep wrote:
    Just checked my ccard statement. I was charged €44 for it. I originally had this on preorder from Amazon because of the price, but decided to go back to trusty reliable Movietyme (at some extra cost) knowing I'd have it earlier. Amazon quoted something crazy like "expected delivery: 26th Sept". There is NO WAY i could wait that long!

Hope this helps

Definately! I reckon I'll still go for Amazon though as I'm slightly broke at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

I posted this on the bargain alerts thread Basquille started but www.axelmusic.com are shipping now for Lost and take approx 6 days or so max. (free shipping/no customs!)

This page link: http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/786936278040

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

samo wrote:
    I posted this on the bargain alerts thread Basquille started but www.axelmusic.com are shipping now for Lost and take approx 6 days or so max. (free shipping/no customs!)

This page link: http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/786936278040
    Cheers for that samo but works out at over €50 (even with free shipping).

If you're caught for customs from Amazon.com.. it'll probably still work out about the same so i'll probably stay with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

basquille wrote:
    Cheers for that samo but works out at over €50 (even with free shipping).

If you're caught for customs from Amazon.com.. it'll probably still work out about the same so i'll probably stay with that!

Axelmusic say that there are 6 discs. I thought there were supposed to be 7? :confused:

Advertisement