Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love James Avery Day!

Options
  • 28-08-2005 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Read Jen's post on James (street spirit guy) and answer the following question please! Thanks! :D

Should we have an I love James Avery Day at both Sessions? 36 votes

Yes, and it should be the biggest of our "festivals" (t-shirts, signs, music)
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, but not make such a big dea out of it
    50% 18 votes
    No
    50% 18 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I dunno, I trust your collective testimonies, but is he better than Karl? I mean... Karl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'd like to offer you a job with the state police association of Massachusetts. I understand you're very qualified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

I'm going to have to agree with Raph on this one. I'll say no more coz I don't want to be mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I has to vote 'yes but dont make a big deal of it' pureply because I want to continue making money off Karlstock. Right now I tihnk I will announce that Jen and I hold all the rights to the James Avery name and any money to be made on his name is OURS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Raphael wrote:
    I'd like to offer you a job with the state police association of Massachusetts. I understand you're very qualified.
    HA HA HA

You can talk....

• Advertisement

Yes. I use my mouth for it.

You use your mouth for alot of things....

Like pleasuring YORE MA, only you're really bad at it...

Raphael wrote:
    Yes. I use my mouth for it.
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Let me rephrase:
    Pot. Kettle. Black

I see, and if you'd like to point out my spammy posts?

yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

on the subject of spam,
    i microwaved SPAM(the food substitute) and it just got wet, so i made atea out of it.
    Liz how are you entitled to any rights(james avery or basic human)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Well I was being serious tbh! Perhaps it could be the equal of Karlstock so you'd have twice as many money making oppurtunities Liz and let me asure you that I have no financial interest in this. Money is evil. And I'm to lazy to make T-shirts. Anyway shouldn't it go to someone in need? Wait a minute, anyone fancy a charity event next-year with Radio-Head instead of an archaeology lecture? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I would give money to NOT go to the archaeology lecture.

Then support I Love James Day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

Piste wrote:
    I has to vote 'yes but dont make a big deal of it' pureply because I want to continue making money off Karlstock. Right now I tihnk I will announce that Jen and I hold all the rights to the James Avery name and any money to be made on his name is OURS.
    Wouldn't it be funny if James happened to be looking around the internet, and suddenly discovered this? He'd feel like Karl.
    James Day should be the 2nd Tuesday of the course in both sessions. Why that day? I don't know. I just picked a day at random.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

You make a profit off Karlstock, Liz!? That's a horribleness the likes of which I can't even describe well. Foreshame.

Raphael wrote:
    I recant that remark, When I posted it I thought it was just a spammy carbon copy of the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Haw

What is Karlstock? Who is Karl? I was a newbie this year and I saw the t-shirts and everything and I can't help wonder who is Karl? What did he do? Inform me!

That's okay! I love you really R4ph! :D

Btw, Lord Cran, I like your style! Where'd you get the Harpo pic? as you probably guessed from my sig I would kill for a Graucho one! Well, that may be a slight exageration but I'd quite like one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

You make a profit off Karlstock, Liz!? That's a horribleness the likes of which I can't even describe well. Foreshame.
    Where's my DVD?

• Advertisement

Haw wrote:
    What is Karlstock? Who is Karl? I was a newbie this year and I saw the t-shirts and everything and I can't help wonder who is Karl? What did he do? Inform me!
    I was new this year too. Karl was in my class. Apparently he said something incredibly profound in Philosophy class once, and now everyone worships him. He has decent taste in music.
    Mr. D. Leprachaun, I got my cool Harpo avatar from the selection. It's under "movies", and there's a Groucho one too.

:D Thank you very much Cran!
    I was told (by someone who wasn't in philosophy) that Karl didn't actually do anything of interest which is what makes him fascinating! Your explaination seems more plausible, though, (even if it isn't so amuing!). ;)

Karl's a Legend.

That is all.

Indeed he is. He applauded everything he said on his birthday. I was appointed his spokesman. Then he forgot, and started talking. And we clapped loudly. Funnyness and hilarity, in equal measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rainbowkeruffle

all i know about karl is that the IH class were all taking the piss out of him for having such a small range of facial expressions. it was something like:
    karl, happy: :cool:
    karl, sad: :cool:
    karl being attacked by midgets :cool: *flailing hands at waist level*

Back on the subject of the poll, what say ye that those who support James Day join together, regardless of whether you think it should be the biggest day or not, to root out these three nay-sayers who would oppose it and lynch/poke/land-mine them. I only included the option as a sarcastic joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Un-Big

Hmmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't making a profit off I Love James Avery Day be completely against what the day stand for in the first place? If anyone does make a profit on it, wouldn't it make more sense to give it to charity?

That has got to be the most intelligent thing I've said in a loooooooong time O.o

I pointed that out Jean and was suddenly inspired to try to start a campaign to make it the replacement for the archaeology lecture! Will you join me?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Un-Big

Oh, so much for intelligence then =\. I may, or I may not. Depends on how lazy I am. And how much you pay me =D

• Advertisement

Or possibly both. I support the Radiohead-concert-instead-of-Archaeology-lecture idea. But what would Vinnie do?

Advertisement