Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love James Avery Day!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Wwvd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Take part! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 fortytwo

james avery day should be on the first friday of each seesion and should end by every student lying down in the quad whilst street spirit is played loudly!! all in favour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

It can be another of our many quad protests!

Outcast wrote:
    It can be another of our many quad protests!

And this one will be more of a sucess!!!

• Advertisement

What? We couldn't have a successful quad protest, it's against everything we believe in. Failure is a tradition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manda5678

Outcast wrote:
    What? We couldn't have a successful quad protest, it's against everything we believe in. Failure is a tradition!
    When did we have a quad protest before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

I pointed that out Jean and was suddenly inspired to try to start a campaign to make it the replacement for the archaeology lecture! Will you join me?
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    youre not getting rid of the archaelogy lecture!!
    despite its boring repetitiveness its the last bastion of old CTY, dont take that away.
    plus i had it for four years and im f**cked if ye b*stards are getting out of it after 1 or 2 years.

Okay! We shall honour the old ways and not interfere with the lecture. As for a quad protest, wtf is a quad protest? Anyway this must be a success so it can't be one! Remember we are honouring James, not the tradition of failure. You can have your civil disobedience anther day! Lying down at least once in the day to listen to Street Spirit is a definite IMO, but we have to make sure to do other stuff! A helluva lotta signs are in order similar to I Love Roisín Day (which I think we should have as well whether or not she's there) and Karlstock-esque clothing. Of course other crazy ideas are welcome! As to the date I like Cran's second Tuesday, very random but also very central! Needless to say I have no authority over this, so feel free to throw this all back in my face. It's just the way I'd like to see it done! :o

P.S. Anyone up for a one day social boycott on the six nay-sayers as part of the event on less they repent and tak part?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

no social boycott, for i am the 5th nay-sayer (sounds prophetic)

• Advertisement

Manda5678 wrote:
    When did we have a quad protest before?

Hmmmm, well they generally last less than two minutes. They involve us refusing to go to our rooms and telling everyone to stay sitting in the quad. Once it almost developed into a riot when someone (who shall remain nameless) threw the biggest armful of grass into someone elses face.

Anyway, will we really have enough James Avery fans to host an effective James Avery Day?

Okay. Boycott them all 'cept Guy (traitor!). Are we to believe, Guy, that what you voted against was the replacement of the lecture? If so I think you can be pardoned. Just don't let it happen again! I'm sure we'll have enough! But just in case I think that for several days in the run-up we should have a James awareness campaign to gather support. We could also intimidate people into taking part! I'm northern. :D

Outcast wrote:
    Hmmmm, well they generally last less than two minutes. They involve us refusing to go to our rooms and telling everyone to stay sitting in the quad. Once it almost developed into a riot when someone (who shall remain nameless) threw the biggest armful of grass into someone elses face.

Anyway, will we really have enough James Avery fans to host an effective James Avery Day?

Ah yes i remember that now!ahhh....memories..

Yeah would there be enough people because alot of people at the reunion could have been nevermores...
    Though on the other hand I suppose there WAS alot of people there that day, so maybe there will be enough...

of course there would be enough. if even ten people lay day whilst listening to street spirit loudly others would follow. but still the james avery awareness campaign is needed for the newbies... how would we get tshirts tho?

yeah especially in session one which is full of newbies!
    If I was there next year I'd lie down..but sadly i wont be there

We have pictures from the reunion. You had a tshirt making business last year didn't you? You can make them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

Now I just know this is going to turn into Karlstock, except James won't be around to get amused every time he sees someone wearing one of his t-shirts. If people have Karlstock t-shirts next year, it won't be the same, since Karl will be gone. But not in spirit.

I do honestly think that there should be collections during the day to be contributed to whatever the archaelogy lecture is going to. And there must be more actual events then Karlstock such as Radiohead appreciation etc.

But what about Vinnie? He would be so hurt...

I mean in cooperation with the lecture.

• Advertisement

Outcast wrote:
    We have pictures from the reunion. You had a tshirt making business last year didn't you? You can make them :D

in name we made tshirts. in practice we sat in mo's house, raided his kitchen (well me at least) and took money orders and money of innocent first years who didnt fully understand the workings of a ty mini company. God bless the innocence/ stupidity! the 5 dat we did make lasted bout a week. you'd be better off just wtining i love james avery on the front of a white tshirt (4 quid in pennys!!) with permanent markers!

Good call. I might not even be there though! :(

yea i more than likely wont be either but i still think that james avery should be worshipped lyk the legend that he is!

Outcast wrote:
    Good call. I might not even be there though! :(
    Dont say that! think positive, they'll most likely let you in. but me I havnt a chance.
    I think ill just go to the gaeltacht and wear my own i heart james avery t shirt!and confuse them all mwhahahahaha...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

You mean "is aoibheann liom james avery".

I think aoibheann may be a name but then again my B( :D ) proves that you don't have to be able to spell to do well in Irish! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Afaik it's both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

It's 'Is aoibhinn liom..' methinks.

Aoibheann is of the name variety, yes. I would know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Hmmm. Part of me is wondering what James would think of this but the majority of me would want to see the look on his face if he's anywhere near DCU when craploads of people are giving him appreciation in t-shirt form. He suspected we were a cult before but this is really going to synch it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I saw him today! I was all for talking to him, but was convinced otherwise.....

Advertisement