Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promoting 'Serenity'

Options
  • 28-08-2005 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭

Since the movie's coming out pretty soon, I've been thinking of possible ways to promote it. Because we all want a Big Damn Sequel, don't we? :D

I think a good way of getting the word out there would be to ask UGC to show the episodes of the show on the big screen. I'm not 100% sure they can do this, but I've heard of some cinemas in America showing the episodes in anticipation of 'Serenity'. So I assume they can.

I think that if we asked UGC (politely) if they would be interested in this, they might see a possible way to get the money rolling in. Some new fans are bound to come into the fold after watching these episodes in the cinema. It'd be kind of a novelty, and I think people would be interested in it.
    Would this be too much to ask of them?

Does anybody have any ideas as to whether this would work or not, and how we could go about it?

Or alternatively, if this wouldn't work: What other ways can you think of to promote 'Serenity'?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 invisibleghost

That would be really really cool! :) (I have no idea how to go about it or if they'd do it)
    I guess I can't think of any other way to promote it other than telling people about it, especially fans of Buffy\ Angel. (Now theres something you never thought of :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I would imagin you would have to pay them to show it. Lets face it, this is Ireland and nothing is for free. There are different things you can do. Like I have the movie wall paper on my PC. When ever I am not at the PC I have all my windows minmised. I have been introducing people to it when ever I can. My plan is to get as many people into it as posable then get a huge croud of people to go to UGC and see Serenity on the big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

what about a banner ad on boards? how much would dev charge us for the usage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

hmm... well I know that he does them for free if you are setting up an event. I guess we could do a Screening event. On the saturday of its release?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I was thinking of getting one of the college soc's to get a lecture theatre and do some showing - get a bit of revenue too for the society :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Just thought I'd point you all to this thread, on the Serenity Forum, suggesting some kind of charity gig to promote the film. Not too bad an idea.

Advertisement