Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange request...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Kinda like what I want... but doesn't look as 'angry' as the eagle on the coin. I wanted the lines kept in as well. Mind me asking how you did that?

first open the gif in photoshop, then resize to say 640 (constrain proportions ticked) then use the polygonal lasso tool to trace the edges and then right click -> layer via copy, put a black overlay over that layer in blending options and make the other layer all white, thats basically how i did it, someone may know a better way

it doesn't look angry enough because i just used a circle for the eye whereas it should be an upside down triangle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

It doesnt look that angry because without all the lines it looks kinda like a plucked chicken :D

here i couldn't be bothered doing it again for ya, but if you want to have a go at it yourself heres a hi-res scan of the eagle, should make things a lot easier
    http://members.boards.ie/angelofdeath/28%20August%202005.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I dont blame you AOD, It annoys me when ppl come on here asking for stupid requests like this. Esspecially when they get all picky.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Shrimp wrote:
    I dont blame you AOD, It annoys me when ppl come on here asking for stupid requests like this. Esspecially when they get all picky.
    He wasn't picky, he was looking for something specific, AOD gave it a shot and didn't get it how Bob wanted it. Big deal, happens all the time in the business.

Stop being such an arrogant twat Shrimp or you'll find yourself ejected again, permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

"happens all the time in the business." < I dont see anything in return for these favours. I've taken on board what you've said. You're the boss.

Shrimp is the one user on Boards that I have on my ignore list. I wouldn't have ever seen that had you not quoted it CuLT... ;)

If I came across as picky, I apologise... however, angelofdeath's attempt was not what I had in mind. Not a problem and I didn't give out to him for it, on the contrary I am very grateful.

Regardless, the idea behind this is I want to get a derivative of the eagle tattoo'ed on to my shoulder as part of a bigger tattoo and I was hoping to be able to get a digital copy in order to play around and try a few different things. I've Googled relentlessly and come up with nothing except images of the actual coin - although the hi-res scan was most helpful angelofdeath.

I'll have to come at this from another angle...

Thanks again for the help lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

!

• Advertisement

Nick, that is absolutely perfect! Thanking you so very, very much!

If there's anything I can ever help ya out with programming wise - just let me know mate!

heh, no probs bud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Did you use the polygonal lasso like AOD, or did you use another method Nick?

Shrimp wrote:

didn't anoy me one bit, i enjoyed doing it, it's just that i had other work to be doing

Did you use the polygonal lasso like AOD, or did you use another method Nick?

yeah, same method..
    it was my first time ever doing any editing like that.. so i'm running through a few tutorials here trying to get to grips with photoshop and hopefully make a few more contributions to this board :)

Advertisement