Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony TV Problem

Options
  • 28-08-2005 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭

Hi have a sony KV32FX68 and last night the picture and sound went suddenly.

The standby light now flashes four times repeatedly when in standby mode and it wont turn on at all.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea what the problem could be or if they know what the four blink code means.

Found this after a google:

FOUR Blinks---No Vert. Deflection (V STOP), Screen goes to a single horizontal line then the video signal muted. Check IC1509, Q1505

Havent a clue what this means.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, unless you're a whizz at electronics, I say bring it to a reputable TV service agent. The 4 blinks is of course, a code as to the fault, though can be a tad vague.

Those FX68's were damn fine TV's, much better than the current CS71's in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Thanks Byte,

I will be calling the local authorised repair agent in the morning but I just hope its not going to be too expensive. I only bought the TV 14 months ago so its outside the warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Have you any other devices connected to the TV? DVD etc.
    Try disconnecting them all and turn the TV off for a few mins and then see if it works.
    You might have a fault on an incoming signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sheldonstv

It looks like your sony has developed a standard stock fault-frame ic failure-if you are lucky resoldering the frame ic will cure it ,if not you will have to fit a new one...do not undertake any repairs yourself unless you are sure you are able to do it...
    regards mike :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I tried disconnecting everything and unplugging it but no joy.

There is a local repair guy collecting it later to have a look at it. Hopeully its not too expensive to repair.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It should still work out cheaper than a new telly! If it's only an IC, it shouldn't be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

give sony a bollocking and you should be able to get it cheaper if not under garuntee. Done that about 16 months ago with a 32" i bought and developed a fault just outside garuntee . Tell them the fault has been appearing intermittently over the last few months and you might get away with it.

trust me shout and they will **** it.

Advertisement