Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jubil Early (*spoilers*)

Options
  • 28-08-2005 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

this question goes out to people that have seen all the episodes of firefly

i wonder does anyone know what the deal with this character is?
    whats with the whole lion speach? surely its not due to bad hearing
    & why does he lick the railings?

ok i know it was the last epp ever made, but you gotta wonder if he would have become a more important character, mainly as he knew something of the shepards "past"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

If you listen to the commentary
    Joss says the licking was cos' he wanted to show that both Jubil and River were very tactile and this was just taking it to an extreme. He didn't know about Shepherd's past. He just sensed that Book was a man to be reckoned with (which is why he took him out so quickly). The lion thing was just part of his character and was becasue he heard it wrong. His reaction is the main point. So yeah, Jubil is meant to be a counter-point to River (like an evil River) similar to her in many ways (he had a hightened sense of instinct, almost like River's foresight) but an anti-her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

ahh, my "version" doesnt have commentary

wink wink
    wonder if he survived?/will he be seen again, i thought of him as an interesting character, if a bit disturbing ("that" conversation with kayley)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

The whole conversation thing
    was one of things where it showed how he handeled each different crew member differently (just knocking out Mal and Book, logic with Simon, sexual intimidation with Kaylee, etc.). I was really pleased with Jubil's character. A lot of the time in T.V. and film black characters are there in their stereotypical "black" character and I hate that character as I find is so annoying and I was hoping that they weren;t going to have some live-talkin' badguy and then when he turned out to be this really cool, methodical character I was so happy! Jubil was possibly my favourite guest character! So good. What a good actor too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

You aslo got to remember that Jubil Early is
    Quite insane. He has little or no morals and As you can remember. River said that he used to like to torment and torture the family dog and then clean it up so no one would know. A pretty sick mind over all

Advertisement