Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drink

Options
  • 28-08-2005 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

i was in cork two weeks ago and i bought a drink that came in a large jug. it had 3 vodka shots, 3 peach schnappes, and 3 each of two others i don't remember and it was filled up with orange and cranberry juice. in dublin a cocktail with maybe two shots would cost about 8 euro. this drink with 12 shots cost 13 euro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111eleven. i feel raped every time i go into town in dublin.

my first pint was 4.50 last week in sinnots. my second one was 5.20. i felt like crying

they're about a year away from picking up their clientelle by the ankles and shaking them til all their money falls out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

on Sundays, in London, a bar chain called WetherSpoons/LLoyds do any bottle (Smirnoff ice/budwesier etc) for £1.25 ... thats what, at most €1.90!!

On a sat nite, in quite a few places its £2 a drink.

These aren't empty ****holes in the middle of nowhere either. Cool, trendy, busy nightclubs / pubs!

We're getting raped, if you ask me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Was it Blu Bambu by any chance...?
    i was in cork two weeks ago and i bought a drink that came in a large jug. it had 3 vodka shots, 3 peach schnappes, and 3 each of two others i don't remember and it was filled up with orange and cranberry juice. in dublin a cocktail with maybe two shots would cost about 8 euro. this drink with 12 shots cost 13 euro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111eleven. i feel raped every time i go into town in dublin.

my first pint was 4.50 last week in sinnots. my second one was 5.20. i felt like crying

they're about a year away from picking up their clientelle by the ankles and shaking them til all their money falls out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Out on the suburbs special offers are more frequent, O'Sheas in Skerries have an 'all drinks €3' policy until 12 o'clock and is really handy.

Drinking in town is a joke, tons of useless pubs with extreme prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Was it Blu Bambu by any chance...?

it was indeed :D

Advertisement