Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK ISP cuts customers off...for complaining.

• 28-08-2005 11:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Some posters here should take note of what Plusnet did over in the UK :)
    PlusNet has cut-off two disgruntled subscribers after accusing them of waging an “aggressive” campaign of emails and forum postings complaining about the broadband provider.

The postings covered a range of alleged failings by PlusNet, but initially centred on demands the firm inform all its customers about the launch of a cut-price broadband offerings.
    Only 2 of them, anyway .....
    the forum postings and emails to its support centre had increased in volume and stridency and were sucking up too much of its support staff’s time.
    I suppose that the staff answered emails so it could not happen with certain ISPs here could it ????? Most interesting was
    ISPs are understood to share details of customers accused of abusing staff over the phone,
    Hmmmmmm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Oh fook. If the Irish ISP's get wind of this then most of boards will be without the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

lol! im happy with BT actually :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

If IBB were to disconnect everyone who complains they might be able to get decent speeds for the other customers, if there were any left

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'd be surprised if any Irish ISP was foolish enough to do something like this. BT Ireland (formerly Esat) learned their lesson the hard way, disconnecting people was what caused IOFFL to be formed in the first place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Mind you BT still cant send an accurate bill to Adam ......4 years later after he kinda eventually (ish) forgave them (ish) or at least forgot (ish) kinda rather than forgave.

Not even the threat of THIS could get them to send an accurate bill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Arabel wrote:
    Oh fook. If the Irish ISP's get wind of this then most of boards will be without the net.
    In case anyone from NTL is reading this, I think you're great ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

kin9pin wrote:
    In case anyone from NTL is reading this, I think you're great ;)

And I think that Eircom are great too.

But only for another 2 months, then I'll think that BT are great instead. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭pugleon

OT: Belly button fluff is great. And pillows.

T: And me new 2MB from BT.

Advertisement