Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Zen Micro Trouble

• 29-08-2005 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi ,

I bought a Zen Micro in N.Y.C 2 months ago, and its playing up , tonight i connected it up to the p.c to charge it , and turn it on to listen to some music whilst doing that , but i got the recovery mode screen - :( whats up with it can anyone tell me whats wrong with it .
    It won't even 'connect' with the p.c ...

I selected reformat , and it froze once more .

Any help /advice appreciated , and please don't say take it back to the shop , cos it's a good few miles away :rolleyes:

Thanks ,
    John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

Well seeing as the european HQ of creative is pretty much next door they might be able to furnish you with a replacement. just soe kind of proof of purchase might be necessary.
    Did you try pushing the paper clip into the reset hole?
    If you've have and the reformatting and all isnt woking its probably fecked.
    But my friend got hers as a present from america, no proof of purchase and is getting a replacement. (after dropping it) so it shouldnt be a problem...
    I have heard that people have had a lot of problems with the micro.
    and i heard from a little birdie that theyre only now starting to teeth out any problems with them..

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

where's the reset hole ??? :confused:
    thanks ,

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

I had a bit of trouble with my zen jukebox a few days ago. I just reinstalled the firmware and it is now 100%, could try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

thanks for the idea, but my Zen won't even show up in my computer .
    I think its Fecked - hopefully not though .

Has anyone else had to return their zen micro to creative ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Did u find that reset button? They dont hide it :p .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

The prongs of the hard-drive are stuck together, basically hold it in your hand and with the palm of your hand hit it and swift bang and this will recitfy your problem, happened to me and found the solution on a zen forum

Advertisement