Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a Moderator

Options
  • 29-08-2005 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

How'd you go about applying to become a moderator for a particular forum? I'm interested in being one of the Anime/Manga mods if possible?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Self nomination is usually a pretty good way of never getting the job.

Also, Amp test.

And if that isn't clear enough, search the possibly thousands of times this has already come up (someone who can't use a forums simpliest features should ever be allowed to mod anything, IMO).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

My head hurts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Self nomination is usually a pretty good way of never getting the job.

Also, Amp test.

And if that isn't clear enough, search the possibly thousands of times this has already come up (someone who can't use a forums simpliest features should ever be allowed to mod anything, IMO).

Do you find this attitude wins you friends and influences people? Jesus, you can't even ask a question on boards anymore without some smart alec reply. Sorry I ****ing asked.

To be fair, you obviously lack the capability to scroll down the page and look at topics before posting and yet you want to mod a forum? Get real.

• Advertisement

To be fair, I was asking the question off handedly in a non loaded fashion. To be fair, people like you take an internet forum far too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

It's a pretty big forum tbh and you gotsta take things seriously if you're gonna mod it...

Non loaded?
    Laguna wrote:
    I'm interested in being one of the Anime/Manga mods if possible?

You're asking to become a moderator and you can't even look down a few posts or use search. It would be ok if this wasn't a common question but it's ****ing asked every ****ing other ****ing day.,

Right, thanks Kawaii. See, that's a civilised response, sans flaming/trolling, Take note feylya.

Freyla's right though...

• Advertisement

Yeah he maybe right, I concede that I should have searched b4 I posted, but I was in a rush and was turning off the computer at the time. It's the manner in which I was responded to as if I am a serial offender of stupid threads. I asked ONCE.

Apologies and hugs from all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

Laguna wrote:
    How'd you go about applying to become a moderator for a particular forum? I'm interested in being one of the Anime/Manga mods if possible?
    What difference does it make if you’re a moderator or not just post your views and topics on the forums like the rest of us.
    After all the boards is about exchanging ideas and viewing other peoples thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Laguna wrote:
    To be fair, I was asking the question off handedly in a non loaded fashion.
    To be fair, you stated an intention of becoming a moderator, and hence the question was loaded with the implication that you think you'd be good at it, so people's suggestions as to why they think you wouldn't would be reasonable responses.

Not being able to have people say you'd be a crap moderator without whining about it is further evidence tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Laguna wrote:
    Yeah he maybe right, I concede that I should have searched b4 I posted, but I was in a rush and was turning off the computer at the time. It's the manner in which I was responded to as if I am a serial offender of stupid threads. I asked ONCE.

Once appears to have been enough.

test

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Aw the bullys. :(

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Sh*t happens when you party naked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

CuLT wrote:
    Sh*t happens when you party naked.

Tell me about it :rolleyes: ...hehe last Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Laguna wrote:
    but I was in a rush and was turning off the computer at the time.

Moderators do not turn off computers. We live here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I thought you were prisoners, shackled to the very fabric of the web itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I've always wanted to be the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

This must be about the 10th time ive seen How do you become a mod type threads, its getting sickening

R0ot wrote:
    This must be about the 10th time ive seen How do you become a mod type threads, its getting sickening

Like a disease? Typhoid or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Laguna wrote:
    Like a disease? Typhoid or something?

I think it's called Unabletodoasearchforapreviouslyaskedquestionitis. But I'm not a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

amp wrote:
    But I'm not a doctor.

Couldn't get the points in the leavin' eh? Or is it the blood?

I personally hate human contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Moderators think they're great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

think
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

Laguna wrote:
    but I was in a rush and was turning off the computer at the time.

your computer takes 1 hours to shut down ????? OMFG
    just pull the plug the next time, and you won't have to post while you are waiting :cool:

tbh, I wouldn't mind to be a Mod, but if it is meant to be, it will happen, think you just have to prove an interest in the Forum in question, or you provide sexual favours to the Admins and Mods :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its cool being a mod.

you get to use your awesome powers by:
    banning people who dont deserve it,
    deleting threads that were perfectly fine,
    warning posters who have done nothing wrong,
    get abuse from the nice users when you inadvertently hold an opinion they they dont approve of,
    get abuse from the nice other posters when you are stupid enough to be asleep or at work or something because you should have been dealing with the huge problem that someone was having with a post,
    reminded every day that i obviously have no life
    reminded every day that i am a sad excuse for a retard.
    get PM's threatening physical violence because someone doesnt like your point of view.

oh the list of great things about being a mod is very long.

but usually i do it becuase i love banning people for no reason, and then watching them post ont he feedback forum...

• Advertisement

*gasp*

Advertisement