Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Sign New NFL Deal

• 29-08-2005 1:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

Looks like I won't be going out on weekends anymore.
    Sky Sports and the National Football League (NFL) have agreed a new two-year deal that will mean more games then ever being broadcast live each season.

The coverage begins with the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots hosting the Oakland Raiders in the NFL's curtain-raiser on the night of Thursday September 8.

Sky Sports will show two games live every Sunday evening, with additional Saturday games towards the end of the season. Every playoff game will be aired live, with Sky's eleventh season of live NFL coverage culminating in Super Bowl XL from Detroit on Sunday February 5.

Alistair Kirkwood, NFL Europe Vice-President of Strategic Planning, said: “Sky has been a fantastic partner for the NFL for the past decade and we are very excited about embarking on a new agreement with them. Their double-headers on a Sunday evening have become a highlight of the week for many viewers and they apply the same professionalism to their coverage of the NFL as they do to their coverage of all sports.”

Vic Wakeling, Managing Director of Sky Sports, added: "This deal will give viewers more games live over the next two years and extend a relationship we have enjoyed for a decade. NFL is a fixture in our Sunday schedules and its popularity is no surprise considering the number of teams that have legitimate Super Bowl ambitions each season.”

Sky's Sunday evening schedule begins on September 11 with the Miami Dolphins hosting the Denver Broncos and the Arizona Cardinals' visit to the New York Giants.

Other games planned during the first five weeks of the season are:

Week 2: Jacksonville Jaguars at Indianapolis Colts; Atlanta Falcons at Seattle Seahawks.
    Week 3: Oakland Raiders at Philadelphia Eagles; New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers.
    Week 4: Houston Texans at Cincinnati Bengals; New York Jets at Baltimore Ravens.
    Week 5: New England Patriots at Atlanta Falcons; Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys. (All broadcasts are subject to change).

Sky Sports' enhanced coverage of the NFL will once again feature various options for Sky digital viewers during live games, including match highlights, statistical summaries, live scores from around the NFL, plus a beginner’s guide - all accessible via the red button.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Their double-headers on a Sunday evening have become a highlight of the week for many viewers and they apply the same professionalism to their coverage of the NFL as they do to their coverage of all sports.

He doesn't watch sports on Sky, does he?

The coverage seems the same as last year. Which is fine with me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

great stuff cant wait for the new season. nfl sunday nights are traditional burger king take away nights in my gaff.

go redskins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

week 3 is going to be excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Does channel five still get the rights to Monday night football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Thats great, I will see first 2 weekends with american tv which will be fun and then back to Sky. No Green Bay games there, hopefully should show some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Does channel five still get the rights to Monday night football?
    According to this http://www.nfluk.com/news-display.php?id=1386 :
    The NFL is entering the second-year of a three-year deal with ITV for live coverage of Super Bowl and weekly playoff coverage, while Five’s new two-year deal includes live broadcasts of Monday Night Football throughout the season, plus live Sunday Night Football during the second half of the season. The North American Sports Network is currently featuring live preseason games and will air ESPN’s preview, highlights and magazine shows throughout the 2005 season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

cooker3 wrote:
    Thats great, I will see first 2 weekends with american tv which will be fun and then back to Sky. No Green Bay games there, hopefully should show some

Yeah me too, nothing better than watching the packers lose.

Yeah me too, nothing better than watching the packers lose.

No Moss means I am sure I will be seeing the Vikings lose those few games more.

Not quite. We will better our .500 record from last season without #84. It does help that we have a nice schedule - and a vastly improved defense - expect 12-4 or 11-5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Is anyone staying up late Thursday night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I might, depending on my enthusiasm on the day/night.

Neil3030 wrote:
    Is anyone staying up late Thursday night?

Absolutely, even though its only the patriots playing, I have to see how randy fares in silver and black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I would, if I had sky sports....our dish is cut off at the moment, for an extension.

I'm going to record it in the gf's house, and watch it friday afternoon, which I've taken off work for the occasion.

Come on Pats!!!

Well it will be prime time for me so I am well sorted

Advertisement