Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever but from play.com?

Options
  • 29-08-2005 3:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

just wondering if anyone had ever baught from play.com and what the usual delivery times were?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

Patricide wrote:
    just wondering if anyone had ever baught from play.com and what the usual delivery times were?

delivery times vary quite a bit your normally talking 5 working days give or take a few to dublin suburbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

Patricide wrote:
    Not long, about a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

had to wait 3 weeks once, but that was the fault of An Post as the whole postal system in this country ground to a halt, but 5 working days seems to be the norm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I''ve used Play before for Dvds and took arond a week or so to arrive. Great site, I haven't found one problem while using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I usually order on the Sunday and the package arrives on the following Friday, so 5 working days I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I too have used Play.com with delivery times similar to the above posters.

Make sure you purchase in sterling as they add a bit on to their euro prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

I find play are No. 1 for ordering games, great service and customer support, I once ordered a PS2 memory card and it got lost in the post and they sent me out another one straight away. highly recommended and the websites easy to use also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

actually funny this should come up, i was gonna post the same thing. I ordered GTA:SA for the pc last sunday, 8 days ago, still havent gotten it yet. I was going to email them but it says on the site that they can only track lost packages after 2 weeks, so guess ill have to wait til next week before i send a strongly worded email to em :(

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Deadwing wrote:
    actually funny this should come up, i was gonna post the same thing. I ordered GTA:SA for the pc last sunday, 8 days ago, still havent gotten it yet. I was going to email them but it says on the site that they can only track lost packages after 2 weeks, so guess ill have to wait til next week before i send a strongly worded email to em :(

I ordered San Andres myself on Friday from play.com, it is usually delivered within 4-5 working days and it is generally an post or royal mail who are responsible for these delays, if after 2 weeks you still haven't received it they will resend, i can almost guarentee, all there post is insured in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I too have used Play.com with delivery times similar to the above posters.

Make sure you purchase in sterling as they add a bit on to their euro prices.
    Actually I think the Euro prices are just there as a guide. When you put an order through they will still bill you at the same sterling price on your credit card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

-oRnein9- wrote:
    I ordered San Andres myself on Friday from play.com, it is usually delivered within 4-5 working days and it is generally an post or royal mail who are responsible for these delays, if after 2 weeks you still haven't received it they will resend, i can almost guarentee, all there post is insured in any way.
    thanks man, saved me havin to start a thread of my own about it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Has anyone ever got a wrong item from play.com?

I ordered super mario sunshine and got Resident Evil Zero.

Just wondering what they usually do in these situations.

See if you can somehow hang on to Resi and get your copy of Mario :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ive used them countless times. Great site to deal with.

Tusky wrote:
    Ive used them countless times. Great site to deal with.http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=oral

Whaaaaa?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

qz wrote:
    Whaaaaa?!

indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

clownboy wrote:
    Has anyone ever got a wrong item from play.com?

I ordered super mario sunshine and got Resident Evil Zero.

Just wondering what they usually do in these situations.

Yep this has happened to me, just re-wrap the incorrect item and post it back to them, they will refund any postage costs and send you out the correct item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

or just tell them you received nothing and they will send it out again*

*this is wrong and you will go to hell for doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Or swap me your Resident Evil for my Mario Sunshine! (if you're in Dublin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Sico wrote:
    Or swap me your Resident Evil for my Mario Sunshine! (if you're in Dublin)

Yep I'm in Dublin.

Its Resident Evil Zero now, not Resi 4.

If you wanna swap i can do it sunday in the city centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Oki, PM sent...

Advertisement