Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment Gate problem

Options
  • 06-11-2008 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Not sure if this is the right section but here goes ! At my apartment complex, there is a main gate, which opens with a "remote" i.e. for cars. Approximately 6 apartments are built around the gate. As luck would have it, I'm one of the 6, and I've been living there for nearly 18 months without any problems.

2 weeks ago, the main gate started making extremely loud noises each and every time it opened and closed. The noise goes through the whole apartment, but is particularly bad at night. I complained to the Management company 2 weeks ago about the noise, and they said they would send out the Gate maintenance company to take a look. They didn't arrive until last Thursday, they apparently oiled the rams for the gate - and that the gate was not making any noise when they finished, they suggested the rams needed to be changed, at €1000 each, of which the Management company are refusing to pay. I've inspected the gate, and the noise is actually coming from the hinges at the top of the gate - the gates are approx. 12 to 15 feet tall, with the hinges that make the noise, all the way up the top !

I've practically begged the Management company to sort the problem, but they tell me there isn't one. I also attempted to climb the gate with some WD40 in my hand, but unfortunately it was too difficult and dangerous (I don't have a ladder).

I got to speak with another resident, who is having the same problem as me - she has complained and complained and complained, but still no joy.

The AGM for the complex is coming up soon, and I've put my name forward to become a director - but in the meantime, what else can I do other than sending yet another email to the management company.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement