Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd Party Online Seller

Options
  • 29-08-2005 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I am looking to set up a client who is selling one product online (but with various sizes and various colours; works out at 6 combinations in all). I don't think it's worth setting up an entire shopping cart based around this one product so I was hoping to do a site with the product information then link to a 3rd party seller to sell the product (with preferably a decent amount of control on the look and feel of the shopping cart). I know I can use paypal but I was hoping to have a cart consistent with the site.

Any ideas on anyone who does this?

Thanks,

Serb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

i thought Paypal is a lot easier to use plus you can customise it to suit your website. have a look at Paypal website in the "Merchant Tools" area where they show some demos and how-tos.

the other option maybe 2checkout, the way they demo on the website is more or less as easy as Paypal.

i've never use the above but now considering one to intergrate with a client cart. the problem is need to find a payment processor that supports Malaysian currency - Ringgit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Thanks for the reply mart_max. I did look at the overview on the Paypal site and it seems to work exactly how I want it to, but the problem is, it looks like the Paypal site. I have never seen anyone using paypal where the checkout didn't look exactly like the paypal site. Is this just laziness on their part or are you stuck with the general look and feel of the Paypal layout? If you know of any sites that have edited their cart I'd like to take a look.

2CO looks like it's the same really, though I do like the way it goes straight to the checkout rather than giving people the option to log in.

Advertisement