Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which car has the nicest dashboard?

Options
  • 29-08-2005 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi, IMO i think a trendy dashboard is just as important as the body so Im asking what people think are there favourite dashboards? I really like the dash on the Fiat Stilo and Audi A4? But I dont like the dash on the Nissian Primera! yoke :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Jaguar S-Type. Odd question by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Audi TT Dash is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The new Mini dashboard is not too bad, very retro if a little bit fussy.

I think the new generation of BMW dashboards look terrible. I always liked the way the old ones were designed.

One thing I don't like though is that fake wood that car makers seem to be mad on. I prefer the aluminium inserts myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jildy

Alfa 147 / 156.

Great Dash...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

dash on the primera is fantastic...takes a bit of getting used to but after a week or so you appreciate how well laid out everything is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭deadfingers

Yeah that wood looks horrible. The mini coopers have a very nice dash. Is there any companies in Ireland that mod dashboards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

yeah i have a 147, and I really like the interior / dash finish.
    the italians know comfort :)

Agreed, the Mini's dash is very cool. Nice big speedometer, the designers really got it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Current Volvo S40/new C70 dash is nice, well finished and uncluttered.

The M5's is nice too. The dash is curved so it faces the driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

thats a very easy question, none finer than any rolls royce of the last 30 years. topic closed/ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

pagini zonda

next question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Thought the mini's dash was quite cheap and tacky looking. When I drove it the wheel obstructed the speedo. I like the dash in the Alfa 156

528i wrote:
    pagini zonda

next question.

I've yet to see that one. The Pagani's is nice though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

Its not so much the dash but I really liked the layout of a Yaris I drive some years back (back in the days when a 1l was compulsory for my insurance :D ) speedometer with the digital readout was in a great position and handy cup holder and radio in the centre console IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Ann Elk

Saab 9-3 has a nice dash - well driver focused and sleek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I find the Mini and the TT very plasticy and tacky !

In general I think the German cars have the nicest quality of fit and finish............and the Japs have the worst in terms of materials !

I think the current Range Rover is fantastic ! Nice blend of wood (that looks like wood) and modern silver grey plastic with a good layout !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

anyone ever sat in a rolls royce. enough said. production cars are nothing in comparison to the time and money spent fitting a rolls with the most decadent interior this side of bleinham palace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

E-Class is very classy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Hi, IMO i think a trendy dashboard is just as important as the body so Im asking what people think are there favourite dashboards? I really like the dash on the Fiat Stilo and Audi A4? But I dont like the dash on the Nissian Primera! yoke :eek:

At least you like the dash on your new car ;)

As full forward says the E-Class, but it's not only the dash, it's the whole interior has a feeling of quality, I'm only basing this on my friends E240 Avantgarde.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Merc E-Class or S-Class
    Audi A8
    Audi RS4
    Not a fan of the new BMW interiors.....verrry boring

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

The dash in my Rover 200 was alright-ish, but I personalised it. I sprayed the 'wood' bits matt silver for a subtle look and changed the boring orange dial lights to blue.

http://darklite.ie/alt/nightpics/ <= Theres some pics

photo16.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Oh my god did somebody mention the Yaris and Alfa dash ???

In the Yaris there is nothing, yes i said nothing!! behind the steering wheel only plain dash, and some ****ty digital thing in the middle of the dashboard. It is definitely the worst dash i have ever set eyes on.
    15yaris3.jpg

And as for the Alfa, only the driver can see the dials ... :eek: :eek: :eek: might be alright for a female passenger, but as every man knows..when you are in a car you like to be able to see the dials!!

Both extremely bad examples of auto design :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dash on Renault Megane Coupes with leather look cool - matches the seats. Great wear and tear too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

People people, the dash on the 5 series bmw. Why you ask, because at night just above the courtesy lamp are 2 innocent red glowing lamps. noone ever notices them. but they do notice the warm red glow in the cockpit. fighter jet illumination, puuuuleese.!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

Chief--- wrote:

In the Yaris there is nothing, yes i said nothing!! behind the steering wheel only plain dash, and some ****ty digital thing in the middle of the dashboard. It is definitely the worst dash i have ever set eyes on.
    15yaris3.jpg

And as for the Alfa, only the driver can see the dials ... :eek: :eek: :eek: might be alright for a female passenger, but as every man knows..when you are in a car you like to be able to see the dials!!

Both extremely bad examples of auto design :o:o

That pic is nothing like the Yaris I drove (but then again mine was a right hand drive and a Luna model so maybe was a bit sprucier than above! :D ) The one I drove had the speedo's etc in the same configuration as the Alfa so only the driver could see them - meaning I couldnt be moaned at for speeding (but only slightly speeding ; which suits me!!) and like i say handy cupholder and radio console very easy to reach without stretching and loads of little nooks for putting stuff. Apart from that although the materials very very plasticy and basic - it was just nicely arranged!!!

Each to their own I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

stratos wrote:
    People people, the dash on the 5 series bmw. Why you ask, because at night just above the courtesy lamp are 2 innocent red glowing lamps. noone ever notices them. but they do notice the warm red glow in the cockpit. fighter jet illumination, puuuuleese.!!!!

Or tractor illumination...

... Most agricultural tractors from the past few years have this feature. Then I guess they should, since most of them cost more than a 5 series and there isnt even any VRT on them... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭SixShot

Fiat Stilo is pritty nice

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

IF I MAY SAY, ITS DAME HARD TO BEAT THE OLDER DASH BOARDS LIKE THE JAGUAR E TYPE, OR MK1 GT6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Chief--- wrote:

beg to differ chief :(

147 interior/dash pic = fantastic
    alfa-147-gta-interior-80.jpg

then theres the 147 GTA
    interior_photo001.jpg

and the facelifted 147 dash, done away with the individual dials
    ALFA_147_HATCHBACK_INTERIOR.jpg

Advertisement