Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which car has the nicest dashboard?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

For sculpted art the first generation 1955 Citroën DS
    DSCN0175.jpg

For elegant design, the series 1 Citroën CX
    DSCN0241.jpg

for outright wonderful wackiness, the 80s Citroën GSA
    citroen4.jpg

Modern dashes? The Volvo V50 is nice, likewise the new Range Rover. The new Civic is unashamedly Japanese, and all the better for it. Saabs used to be wonderful. For a sense of occasion though I'd agree with Lomb on the roller, or the wonderful milled brass of the TVR Tuscan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

JohnCleary wrote:
    The dash in my Rover 200 was alright-ish, but I personalised it. I sprayed the 'wood' bits matt silver for a subtle look and changed the boring orange dial lights to blue.

http://darklite.ie/alt/nightpics/ <= Theres some pics

photo16.jpg

Are you ALT from galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

Nissan primera p11-144 nice high dash!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Those Citroens, sooooo cooool.

I don't like the new BMW's either. The M5 head up is cool though. The Zonta is nice, but it looks a bit like a craft shop, all that leather, brushed steel etc. A bit OTT when you've been looking at it a while. Theres was two of them at Goodwood this year. Audi, Alfa do nice interiors. The original TT was cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

TBH I quite like my one:

photo19.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

JohnCleary wrote:
    TBH I quite like my one:

With all due respect, it's a f**kin ROVER !! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Lexus RX 400h

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

PICT0085.jpg

ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

weemcd wrote:
    PICT0085.jpg

ftw

ehh, someones after trying to hotwire your car :(

Big Balls wrote:
    With all due respect, it's a f**kin ROVER !! :confused:

And...?

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote:
    And...?

It's a Rover.

C'mon Big Balls - show us another picture of your Uber-bland Golf.

Big Balls wrote:
    It's a Rover.

So whats your point? The 1.4 engine in that would hammer any 1.4 golf. The Roer K Series is one of the nippiest 1.4's around pushing out 103BHP standard.. Oh and not to mention cheap insurance.

Actually its thanks to people like you that Rmy rover is so cheap to insure... "Ah sure its a rover only a grandad will drive that" ... Thanks dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

img0214618he.jpg

Audi A3 ('03->) dash

Calibos wrote:
    img0214618he.jpg

Audi A3 ('03->) dash

And youve even got your own driver :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

The last generation BMWs dash and cabins were perfection. The new one is kak. The new mercedes E class is really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Mercedes 300SL "Gullwing"........mmmmmm

5620mbz20300sl20gullwing20rf20.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Toyota Prius, while not exactly "pretty", has everything perfectly laid out for the driver. After using this speedo it is hard to go back to a normal one. Also note where the gears are. This means you can quite easily get into the driver's seat from the passenger side if some eejit has parked too close to you. The glove-box opens up two ways (I think most Toyota's have this) which is dead handy. And of course you have all the necessary controls (Radio, A/C, Phone...) on the steering wheel. Functional, but not beautiful ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Wiesmann GT

7288bfa6be49670f7118d11a56f3a0ac.jpg

Different yet classic looking.

Uber-bland !! Right yeh.......
    JohnCleary wrote:
    So whats your point? The 1.4 engine in that would hammer any 1.4 golf. The Roer K Series is one of the nippiest 1.4's around pushing out 103BHP standard..

Don't doubt it John but I don't drive a 1.4 so we'll give the traffic lights Grand Prix a miss ok.

It's just that a Rover 214 is not the most inspiring car out there for a car enthusiast that's all.

Here's another pic for you DS20 - it's another vote for the A3 dash, the pic is my last car !! ;)

audi3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Maybe it was DS20 that spat at your car the other day Mark!! :D

If he wears tracksuit tops when he goes out on the beer (cider!) on a Saturday night then probably....

Big Balls wrote:
    If he wears tracksuit tops when he goes out on the beer (cider!) on a Saturday night then probably....
    Is there any more appropriate attire when meeting one's acquaintances for a garden soirée? Or as I said last Saturday - "jaysus Ma, where's me shellie, I'm off down de fukin paaark for a hih an' a flagon of cidawhh!"

Very nice dash in that Audi, they certainly changed it from the Mk 1 A3. That is absolutely identical to my dull-as-dishwater Škoda. Still no sign of that elusive golf dash, though - it's funny the way your eye kind of slides off it onto something more interesting.... like the knack gobbing on your car.

Seriously, why would anyone spit on your car? It's disgusting - he should be shot with a ball of his own shite.

"Seriously, why would anyone spit on your car? It's disgusting - he should be shot with a ball of his own ****e."

I dunno, it's Dublin.

I agree the MKII A3 was a big step up but don't forget in my picture you're seeing leather, 6cd changer and climate control - all extras which make it look better.

I also agree the Golf GTI interior is nothing too fancy but it's not ugly either and for me anyway, this car is more about driving it.

RIMG2013.jpg
    RIMG2015.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

DB9?

am2005db9volante812260.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Late model TVR's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

impr0v wrote:
    DB9?

am2005db9volante812260.jpg

my hall floor and that DB9 have something in common ...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

The new Honda Civic . Just been for a test fdrive in one . BLOODY fantastic dash ..And car !!!!!

2015747.jpg

Advertisement