Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice Acting...

Options
  • 29-08-2005 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭

Well what did you think? I have to say it seemed pretty weak to me and was a bit of a disappointment when I first got the game...

What you think of the voice acting in FFX? 11 votes

*ping* Good!
    0% 0 votes
    *pong* Baaad!
    45% 5 votes
    *ahem* Meh...
    54% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Bad....with the exception of Auron having a cool voice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought it was okay. None of the characters, even Tara Strong's Rikku, where all that annoying. The translation for FFX was very good which is uncommon for a FF game. Auron was excellent. I found that some of the scenes like the laughing scene did seem quite forced. Still better than no voices. The voice acting in FFX-2 was good but the script was just dreadful stuff altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I have sort of mixed feeling about the voice acting in X, as mentioned Auron was good enough but I wasn't overly keen on the rest. Especially Rikku and I hated Wakka.

There's something to be said for little blue text boxes but if voice acting was done very well I wouldn't mind but I just prefer the text boxes at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Most of them did have a half decent voice but Tidus's whiny tone just took all that away

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'll go with 'meh' on this one.

But then it's very rare that I'd say that the voice acting in a video game is good.

At least the voices aren't really cheesey like you get in a lot of games... but they were just very boring.

oh.. and Forbidden Siren on the PS2 probably has some of the worst voice acting of all time... it actually really took away from the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

grimloch wrote:
    I have sort of mixed feeling about the voice acting in X, as mentioned Auron was good enough but I wasn't overly keen on the rest. Especially Rikku and I hated Wakka.

There's something to be said for little blue text boxes but if voice acting was done very well I wouldn't mind but I just prefer the text boxes at the end of the day.

You're right. Seen as I've been used to playing rpgs from the snes era, I was so used to text that I wasn't particularly happy with the voices. X might even have been a better game without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I thought Tidus had one of the best voice acting. Seemed very natural compared to Yuna's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Anima wrote:
    I thought Tidus had one of the best voice acting. Seemed very natural compared to Yuna's.

He was a bit high pitched for my liking.

Just playing the game for a bit earlier Yuna is fairly poor and as you mentioned unnatural.

Although it's just something we're going to have to put up with I'll wager unless they make it a turnable-off option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Bring back the blue text boxes i say

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I thought it was mostly good, although Wakka should have had Bender's voice instead of his hybrid caribbean/american one [ for anyone who didn't know, the guy who voiced him voiced Bender in Futurama ] . Lulu didn't say much, which was a good thing also as the strong female character role didn't suit her at-all.

P.S. Tidus did have his shorts on too tight i think with that high a voice ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement