Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car alarm problem

Options
  • 29-08-2005 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Just got a commercial van with a scorpion alarm. I changed the battery in the key fob unit and now have no control or communication with the alarm..........any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Presumably the key needs to be re-coded to match the ECU. Is there anything in your owners manual?
    What kind of van?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Nissan vannete....I'd say the alarm is an add on so it does'nt feature in the manual. Looks like a job for a car alarm company. They'll probably say...eh..ye need to install a new one or to reflash ill cost ye 150euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

It just needs to be re-synched.
    Press all of the buttons about 5 - 10 times, that should do it.

Ie, if there are 2 buttons, A and B, press A 10 times, then press B 10 times

excellent! thanks I'll try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is it a Cobra alarm by any chance?

Similar thing happened me a couple of weeks ago. Changed the battery and the fob stopped working. Had to press both buttons at the same time for around 2 mins next to the alarm led on the windscreen or wherever it is located. The little led on the fob then stayed on for about 30 seconds, then flashed a couple of times. This resets the fob infra red signal with the alarm, it worked again after that. Might take a couple of attempts for this to work though.

• Advertisement

Is it a Cobra alarm by any chance?
    No scorpion but I'll try that too if the above fails.

Its different with different alarms, but dont panic re-synching only involves the pressing of buttons on the fob..

Holding the two buttons on the key fob gave me a constant led light on the fob after 30 seconds. The led then went off. Alarm and central locking system now working perfect. Thanks! :)

Glas one of us could be of assistance

Advertisement