Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic garduate jods?

• 29-08-2005 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi,

anyone know of any graduate positions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Are you serious? Come on, jobs can't be that hard to find that you need to look here. I'm a postgrad myself but from my friends experience I'd say the best way to go about looking for jobs is to apply to as many companies as you can and prepare well for the interviews if you get them. You could try your supervisors from your degree to see if they have any contacts in industry but sucess here really depends on how good your relationship was with them during the degree. Alternatively you could try looking into a masters programme. If you don't want to go into a long phd/masters degree you could try a taught masters. There are a couple of good ones around in most colleges. That way, in a years time you'll be better qualified to get the jobs you want. Good luck with the hunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭poker_face

I'm finding it quite difficult myself. I've only been looking for a couple of weeks at this stage but I haven't even had a sniff of an interview yet. I reckon that the problem is that there are so many unemployed graduates at the moment. Does anyone know if jobs in britain are easier to come by. I'll soon be switching my attention to over there, if I've no joy soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Dr. Bill

Death to all electronic graduate positions .... Plain and simple I have a Masters in Electronics and still can't find work. So I'm thinking of doing an evening course in construction!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Hmmm....someone should have told methat before i chose this course...at least i've 4 years to look for a job :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭SparkyLarks

There are jobs, most of them are in SME's as opposed to larger companies.

It is still an employers market so you have to get out there and sell your self.
    Write to companies, ring them, make sure you tailor your CV to each company and especially your cover letter. you have to show a company that you want to work for them, as opposed to you just want to work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Fmicrochip

Yes there were a good lot of companies hiring gards this year. I have to say though I don't agree with Xilinx's hiring technique(some companies are just like that).

Alot of people are getting jobs in Intel this year.
    ESB is a good old reliable hirer.(I used to love working there)

Lots of jobs in the biopharma companies e.g. Wyeth. If you know PLC programming you will get a job.

Advertisement