Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20% discount any cd/dvd/game at C.D.W>O>W

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

yeah it does say dispatched. think it prob is an post..coz i also bought something from play at the same time...

feckin An Post....and they want to get more money for their service? Need to provide a service first! </> RAnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

Not sure if just An Post. Got a good few today from Play, dvdpopcorn and cdwow. Plays & CDWow were all ordered on 19th, despatched on 21st, arrived 3rd. Impressed with DVDpopcorn ordered a pre release due to be released on 26th, posted on 27th and arrived 3rd too. I think you should only be counting only from when the goods are "despatched & emailed".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

Thank You!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Got my West WIng season 6 DVD despatch e-mail @ 5am on Thrusday last week, arrived this morning at 9am. Only came from Luxembourg, but not as bad as I'd expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

£9 voucher is 15516
    £15 15517
    £20 15520
    all the vouchers cost £1 more than their value so the £20 is the best.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Got my LOST @ last!!
    dispatched on 28th arrived yesterday

Not too bad IMO

Maybe an post have got their act toghether

Mik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

I thought it was just me but having read this thread, it seems delivery is a major issue for most people at the moment.

My own story: two CDs and a DVD ordered at the beginning of September never turned up at all after waiting the requisite amount of time. CDWOW were excellent in sending replacements but two of the items still have to turn up (hopefully this week!).

CDWOW's customer service is superb but how long will they tolerate giving us the benefit of the doubt in Ireland and resending items? With An Post threatening industrial action today, the situation seems unlikely to improve this side of Christmas! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭WICKL0W

Haruspex wrote:
    I thought it was just me but having read this thread, it seems delivery is a major issue for most people at the moment.

My own story: two CDs and a DVD ordered at the beginning of September never turned up at all after waiting the requisite amount of time. CDWOW were excellent in sending replacements but two of the items still have to turn up (hopefully this week!).

CDWOW's customer service is superb but how long will they tolerate giving us the benefit of the doubt in Ireland and resending items? With An Post threatening industrial action today, the situation seems unlikely to improve this side of Christmas! :(

I agree wholeheartedly.They have wonderful customer service but if they are been exploited with "missing" cds &postal delays, they may charge more or stop sending to republic of eire.
    rubadub wrote:
    £9 voucher is 15516
    £15 15517
    £20 15520
    all the vouchers cost £1 more than their value so the £20 is the best.
    Has anybody bought and recieved vouchers ?

My vouchers were dispatched. £16.80 for a £20

• Advertisement

I emailed CDWOW yesterday and they said that I should have already received the CD in question and are resending it to me. They were very nice and helpful about it too...which makes a change for customer service to be polite and helpful (take note vodafone!)

I also am waiting a similar time for a DVD from Play.com...so I'm wondering is it more An Post than internet cd/dvd shops that are to blame?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

bullrunner wrote:
    which makes a change for customer service to be polite and helpful (take note vodafone!)
    That sweet Dundalk Accent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭klingklang

Can someone check to see if the link is still working. I placed an order with it earlier - seemed fine at the time but there is no sign of the order in My Orders. Now when I check a code through the mindrebel link there is nothing in the cart - just goes to a Exclusive discount offer for Smartsave Cardholders page :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

klingklang wrote:
    Can someone check to see if the link is still working. I placed an order with it earlier - seemed fine at the time but there is no sign of the order in My Orders. Now when I check a code through the mindrebel link there is nothing in the cart - just goes to a Exclusive discount offer for Smartsave Cardholders page :(

Same here.

T'was good while it lasted anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

I believe there was something about the postal system on the Ray Darcy show. People with the same probs and concerns as us so it is nation wide. They were saying it took 3 weeks for some post within Ireland :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

This offer was for the metropolis Smartsave programme

http://metropolis.co.uk/smartsave_reward.html

CDWOW has finally introduced some protection for themselves although I would not be surprised if a random set of 12 digits got you the 20% off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

This offer was for the metropolis Smartsave programme

http://metropolis.co.uk/smartsave_reward.html

CDWOW has finally introduced some protection for themselves although I would not be surprised if a random set of 12 digits got you the 20% off.

Tried that already :( Any other discounts ladies and gents ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

All good things must come to an end!!

Ordered a ton of stuff thanks to the original OP's link and whilst that was all good, have spent a bomb so at least credit card will get a well deserved rest now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Can this be confirmed? Is the 20% discount link no longer working? Was going to purchase a shed load of stuff this week but...

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭WICKL0W

aaf wrote:
    Can this be confirmed? Is the 20% discount link no longer working? Was going to purchase a shed load of stuff this week but...

I'll sell you some of mine ;) Should of bought the vouchers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Damn, just tried it there and it's a no go. God damn it. If anyone comes across any more great discounts like this one for either cd-wow or play, please feel free to post?

• Advertisement

back to old faithful.. (even it is not working now)
    http://www.dvdbargain.net/

I have £120 of vouchers already dispatched, and I bet you can use normal £1 vouchers along with them so that is £20 for £15.80

I'll never know if my plan to buy more £20 vouchers with my vouchers over and over would have worked. next time....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rubadub wrote:
    back to old faithful.. (even it is not working now)
    http://www.dvdbargain.net/

I have £120 of vouchers already dispatched, and I bet you can use normal £1 vouchers along with them so that is £20 for £15.80

I'll never know if my plan to buy more £20 vouchers with my vouchers over and over would have worked. next time....
    link doesnt work

just got my cd today. and they resent it yesterday (obviously got the first dispatch)...so i will prob have 2 cds for the price on 80% of 1!! ...mm could sell the second one on ebay....prob work out making money from the deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Looks like the partys over guys.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

*sob*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Bugger, no-one has a Smartsave card number we could use??? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

That's a shame. Anyone know how you get a Smartsave card?

link doesnt work
    I said it wasnt working,

but it is now :D
    http://www.dvdbargain.net/ShowDisc.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

open a barclays saving account and they give you a Smartsave card but its £4 a month :(

Advertisement