Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD anyone?

Options
  • 29-08-2005 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Russsian and German for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

engineering for mise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Trinners are Winners!*

*And protestants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Funkstard wrote:

*And protestants

which has so much do to with the original post

who gives a damn about what used to go on there tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Gileadi wrote:
    which has so much do to with the original post

who gives a damn about what used to go on there tbh...

I think he was joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Haha, I kid I kid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭rosa

I'm doing english and psychology. Has anyone who applied for Trinity Hall campus heard anything back yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

pharmacy i hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

rosa wrote:
    I'm doing english and psychology. Has anyone who applied for Trinity Hall campus heard anything back yet?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=295274

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭AndyWarhol

Funkstard wrote:
    *And protestants

In my experience the majority of students are 'aethiest'. Lots of Catholics, Protestants, Methodists, Presbreyterians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists etc. knocking around though.

In the upper echelons of academia, it is fair to say there were a lot of protestants (again going by personal experience as there are no real statistics on this). Of course lots of the newly appointed academics come from abroad e.g. Russia, Asia, US etc. and would bring with them different faiths. Some people say a secret protestant 'golden circle' exists, but I've seen no evidence of this. There's also stories about lots of high ranking members of the university being in the freemasons.

The Fellows were traditionally staunch Protestants (and still pray to Queen Elizabeth each evening at dinner), but this is no longer the case. Whilst they might stand and pray each evening, for many it is just for reasons of tradition and not religion.

University life is very diverse in 2005.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Science. Can't wait! Will I see anyone else from this board there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

The nerdy combination of economics and maths!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Science :)
    Got shared room in the Halls too.
    Am v. happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

theoretical physics for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Got offered a modern single in Trinity Hall... gonna leave it 'til next year though so I can save a bit more this year for the summers "Madness in Amerikay"TM that will occur next year.

Anyway, doing CS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

a friend just got trinity through the foundation course. he will be attending trinity though and not the liberities. anyone know much about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

History and philosophy, yay! Gonna get a job... :p Maybe history and political science if my appeals go well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

TSM-French and German

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Trinity's a great place. I'm half-way through my Senior Freshman year: I ought to know by now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Funkstard wrote:
    Trinners are Winners!*

*And protestants

LMAO! :)

Nah UCD all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

CrimE wrote:
    Nah UCD all the way.

:D:D:D

GO UCD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Hoping to go for CS in TCD first choice (DCU 2nd), I'm just hoping i get the HC3 in maths for trinners.

I can only do pharmacy in trinners or cork or rcsi out of them trinity wins! Much prefer the people in UCD and DCU though! So much more relaxed and they dont hav poles shoved up their asses!! UCD is such a good laugh!! Everyone is so sound! There is no snobiness, everyone is chilled!!! why cant ucd do pharmacy????!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

d4gurl wrote:
    I can only do pharmacy in trinners or cork or rcsi out of them trinity wins! Much prefer the people in UCD and DCU though! So much more relaxed and they dont hav poles shoved up their asses!! UCD is such a good laugh!! Everyone is so sound! There is no snobiness, everyone is chilled!!! why cant ucd do pharmacy????!!
    Are you implying that people in tcd are snobbish and HAVE got poles up their asses.
    In fairness you can't really comment without having experienced the place properly.
    You'll get from trinity whatever you put into it, so make an effort and you'll get on grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

People in Trinity are snobbish? As opposed to the UCDers who won't talk to Northsiders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

d4gurl wrote:

You are going to be unpleasently suprised if you think that is the case in UCD. Out of all the colleges, the one i've heard most people complaining about with regards snobbishness is UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

Love wrote:
    TSM-French and German

that's what i want to do! i'd love to do english as part of tsm but i don't think i'll get the points and it would be really hard to pick between french and german. i really enjoyed the open day, definitely want to go to trinity.

Well I think I do have a bit of knowlede with regards to U.C.D and Trinity seeing as one of my brothers did a degree in U.C.D and one just got a masters from Trinity. I know a lot of people comlain about U.C.D but tbh I found the 6th year open day to be really useful! I accounted snobby attitutes in the politics stand. Where when I asked what are the job prospectus I was told I could always get a job in Mc Donalds!! How encouraging??!! In other open days most students try to sell the course but obviously no in the politics area! We'll see who will be working in Mc Donalds when I'm president! lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

tinka wrote:
    i really enjoyed the open day, definitely want to go to trinity.
    Glad to hear it, most people thought the open day wasn't great(here) but it's nice to hear our efforts didn't fall on deaf ears.

• Advertisement

Nuig all da way!representing the west coast!academically!trinity is the best followed by ucc and then ucd and nuig are slightly behind them!i think it was a times investigation.

Advertisement