Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD anyone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

d4gurl wrote:
    I can only do pharmacy in trinners or cork or rcsi out of them trinity wins! Much prefer the people in UCD and DCU though! So much more relaxed and they dont hav poles shoved up their asses!! UCD is such a good laugh!! Everyone is so sound! There is no snobiness, everyone is chilled!!! why cant ucd do pharmacy????!!
    A complete misconception in my opinion, I didn't find any of the staff or students at TCD snobby in any way, although I'm only going on open day impressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Nuig all da way!representing the west coast!academically!trinity is the best followed by ucc and then ucd and nuig are slightly behind them!i think it was a times investigation.
    According to the OECD, DCU are second behind trinity w.r.t. academia and quality of graduates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

Glad to hear it, most people thought the open day wasn't great(here) but it's nice to hear our efforts didn't fall on deaf ears.

not at all. i don't really consider free stuff at an open day to be that important... and i just posted in the tcd forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

cianclarke wrote:
    d4gurl wrote:
    I can only do pharmacy in trinners or cork or rcsi out of them trinity wins! Much prefer the people in UCD and DCU though! So much more relaxed and they dont hav poles shoved up their asses!! UCD is such a good laugh!! Everyone is so sound! There is no snobiness, everyone is chilled!!! why cant ucd do pharmacy????!!

A complete misconception in my opinion, I didn't find any of the staff or students at TCD snobby in any way, although I'm only going on open day impressions.

The staff and students in Trinity are all very friendly and very approachable. We carry off our superiority with a breeze, and don't force it down people's necks or up their asses, for that matter. Trinity is a genuinely friendly and homely place in contrast to UCD in particular. DCU, in my opinion, is the most friendly of the newer universities. I haven't any experience of Cork or Galway.

europerson wrote:
    We carry off our superiority with a breeze
    Em...

You mean well I know but you still managed to come across extremely cocky there.

Monica from friends: "I'm breezy!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

I think he was joking...

Outcast wrote:
    I think he was joking...
    I'm not entirely convinced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Go team Science! FAiling entry to Trin, it'll be UCD...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

computer sceince ;)

it's a science, I meant general science above but sure!

• Advertisement

Le Rack wrote:
    CS comes under the engineering and system sciences school in tcd.

But yeah if you're gonna raise a flag and go us against them. It's us, engineers (including cs) and health sci against arts and bess.

Completely immature, but fun nonetheless

ApeXaviour wrote:
    CS comes under the engineering and system sciences school in tcd.

But yeah if you're gonna raise a flag and go us against them. It's us, engineers (including cs) and health sci against arts and bess.

Completely immature, but fun nonetheless
    Of course!
    There's no fun without immaturity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

i wonder how this will be answered? In Trinners would you advise taking either (a) TSM Maths and Economics or (b) Theroretical Physics?
    Ive an equal interest in Maths, Economics and Physics but cannot decide which to do

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

europerson wrote:
    Outcase wrote:
    I think he was joking
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    I'm not entirely convinced

Matt you legend. It was humourous, trust me.

And I'm not Protestant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

i wonder how this will be answered? In Trinners would you advise taking either (a) TSM Maths and Economics or (b) Theroretical Physics?
    Ive an equal interest in Maths, Economics and Physics but cannot decide which to do
    Go economics! You'll fly at economics if you're mathematical; and maths and physics is just gay for four years. Vary it a bit.

Le Rack wrote:

Everything's a fecking science these days.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=297198&page=2&highlight=theoretical+physics

Large thread on Maths -vs- TP. Should be stickied in the TCD forum, given the large amount of requests TP has on boards...

What's with all the TP requests?!
    europerson wrote:
    That was something of a joke, although it is always prudent to remember that there may be serious divarications in context in even the funniest of jokes. :)

For the grace of Her Most Serene Majesty Queen Elizabeth, the founder of the College of the Most Holy and Undivided Trinity of Queen Elizabeth near Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

I was talking to a friend of mine who is currently a student in BESS in trinity. I told her my story of the two representatives of Politics. I explained to her that the fourth year students were pompous and belittling (bear in mind these were the only two). She admitted grudgingly that indeed those in politics could be stuck up. I then thought carefully and realised it is very presumptuous of me to think that every person in Trinity is snobby. When in fact the area I would like to pursue - Pharmacy contained the nicest people. I also took into consideration that by the time I had reached the open day it was 1 pm, most visitors were leaving or just stragglers and naturally, representatives were tired. So overall I feel that both U.C.D and Trinity come very close and of course, I will be choosing the course I wish to pursue over the free stuff (free stuff is fun though you know!). So I retract my comment I had earlier made that all trinners have poles stuck up their Assses!

d4gurl wrote:
    I was talking to a friend of mine who is currently a student in BESS in trinity. I told her my story of the two representatives of Politics. I explained to her that the fourth year students were pompous and belittling (bear in mind these were the only two). She admitted grudgingly that indeed those in politics could be stuck up. I then thought carefully and realised it is very presumptuous of me to think that every person in Trinity is snobby. When in fact the area I would like to pursue - Pharmacy contained the nicest people. I also took into consideration that by the time I had reached the open day it was 1 pm, most visitors were leaving or just stragglers and naturally, representatives were tired. So overall I feel that both U.C.D and Trinity come very close and of course, I will be choosing the course I wish to pursue over the free stuff (free stuff is fun though you know!). So I retract my comment I had earlier made that all trinners have poles stuck up their Assses!

Hurrah!

Advertisement