Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question for everybody

• 29-08-2005 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

Whether you work or are at school. Is the place where you go to work or school accessible to those in a wheelchair or those with mobility diffuculties. I am a student of Blanchardstown with Cerebral palsy, for me to get to college from the nearest bus stop, I must cross 2 main roads with no crossing whatsoever, meaning I must play dodge with cars coming off a roundabout. this is even thought there is a bus stop, within the college grounds but only used twice daily.

It is at least a 10-15 minute walk to the nearest bus-stop. this is not a poor me messege at all, but the question I pose to everyone esepecially those in larger companies.(ie over 50 employees) think about your nearest bus stop and think would it be easy to get to for a disabled employee. I know not every work place can be expected to accessiblity for practical reasons, i.e office above a shop with no lift. that is a different debate altogether.

I am basing this survey just on companies with more then 50 employees. Or colleges.

Visit my website to see Dublin buses response to this question.

http://www.browneline.com/travel.htm

Regards
    D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

The place I work is in South County Business park, near Sandyford. The building itself is quite new and as such is very accessibly for those with disabilities (that is my impression anyway) However, I would not like to be trying to access public transport from here in a wheelchair. All the nearest public transport is based in Sandyford (bus/luas) and is about 20min walk away. The big problem I would see for a wheelchair user is the leopardstown roundabout, which is a serious enough barrier for able-bodied people since there is no pedestrian crossings whatsoever and the traffic is very heavy and very dangerous.

Advertisement