Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

inexpensive widescreen lenses

• 29-08-2005 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭

I'm soon going to be shooting a short film and I would really like to shoot it in widescreen. I'm using an XL1s but I'm very hesitant about using it's widescreen function as I don't wanna lose pixels.

Does anybody of any rental house that rent out widescreen lenses??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

What you want is an anamorphic adapter. Look to see if any rental houses have a Panasonic AG-LA7200G. Century optics design one also: http://www.centuryoptics.com/products/dv/16x9/16x9_37mm.htm

Not sure where you might rent one, but you might want to get in contact with filmbase, I know they rent equipment. Site is filmbase.ie.. If you wanted to buy an anamorphic adapter, you're looking at around 700 euro for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Not sure about the lens you're looking for but I do know that Digirent in Dublin rent wideangle lens. I'm renting a wideangle for a digibeta cam from them in a fortnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

Not sure about the lens you're looking for but I do know that Digirent in Dublin rent wideangle lens. I'm renting a wideangle for a digibeta cam from them in a fortnight.

its not a wide-angle lens he's looking for its a 16;9 adapter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

moonboy wrote:
    its not a wide-angle lens he's looking for its a 16;9 adapter.

Despite your pedantic reply (he had intially asked for a lens) he could still try Digirent. They may very well have 16:9 adaptors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭film_gonzo

Much obliged for all the replies. I will try Digirent. If they have what I want, cool. If not, no biggie. Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement