Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Win XP + startup + flashing cursor

• 29-08-2005 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Booted my pc over the weekend and got a message saying that windows could not boot due to software or hardware problem and gave several opinions tried them all the machine just kept rebooting

Took out the hard drive and backed up my data

Put the hard drive back in and all I am getting is a flashing cursor ??

Any ideas what is causing this problem

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

The problem could be due to a faulty hard drive and/or an important windows file has become corrupt,

Get hard drive diagnostic sotware for your drive and run that on it, just to make sure the drive is ok, if it is you will have to reinstall windows, shouldnt be a problem if you've backed up your data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

Try booting into safe mode, if this works then it may be a software issue. Use MSConfig to check what is loading when the PC starts under the Startup tab. Deselect anything in there that is excess to requirements for booting to windows. Then restart it.

Advertisement