Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband In North Co. Dublin (Lusk, Rush, Skerries Etc)

• 29-08-2005 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭

Is there any real alternative to eircom? I'm moving out to Lusk after two hassle free years with NTL in tallaght but they've told me they have no broadband service in this area. Are there any users in this general area using a provider other than eircom that can get a 2mb download? I'll use eircom as a last resort but I wasn't planning on getting a phone line installed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

IBB lmfao ;-) (avoid)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I seem to be the only punter in the country who's had a good experience with IBB. I'm on 1mbps, the Ballymun mast, and I get 123Kbps up/down constantly, all day, every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

Whereabouts do you live banquo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

banquo wrote:
    I seem to be the only punter in the country who's had a good experience with IBB.
    Nope I'm a happy camper too.

2Mbps Breeze. Normally 1.5-1.95Mbps up and down. Low pings too. On RTE mast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

irlrobins wrote:
    Nope I'm a happy camper too.

2Mbps Breeze. Normally 1.5-1.95Mbps up and down. Low pings too. On RTE mast.

I think ICE could be in your area, try them, www.icecomms.ie

• Advertisement

Cool - just checked their (dreadful!) website and Lusk is mentioned! I think I'll give them a go. I've heard about this crowd, and most of the responses have been positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

hey Andy..........

I'm livin in Swords these days, took a while for me to even get a bloody phone line......I tried to get an alternative to Eircom, and got in touch with ICE (who told me a couple of times they'd get back to me, and didn't), but they were the only ones I could find offering Wireless as far out as I am.......don't think IBB's footprint reaches that far out but I could be wrong.....
    anyway I ended up getting in an Eircom phone line, and switching straight away to UTV, been grand since then......

revileandy wrote:
    Cool - just checked their (dreadful!) website and Lusk is mentioned! I think I'll give them a go. I've heard about this crowd, and most of the responses have been positive.

Thanks for the info nibbs - good to get a few different comments on ICE. I'm trying to stay away from getting a phone line in the house, so I probably will give ICE a shout at some stage, I might just have to take the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I live in lusk and I have broadband, so do a lot of people, the thing is we are on the RUSH exchange but we can are still active because we are within range, you should have no problem gettin broadband here

I'm on esat BT 2mb myself

Advertisement