Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queuing for a development launch

Options
  • 29-08-2005 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi

has anyone heard of this? Is it worth staying up all night waiting for the release of property when someone could just rush in front of you when the door opens?

BTW, its phase 2 and was on the cancellation list for Phase 1, surly we should get some priority? What has this country come to when you have to queue all night to get the house you want :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭SparkyLarks

I never head of it but if you want it then why not.
    How can some rush in the door, If your queuing all night.

It all depend how muich you want it.
    If you can get the house you want or even save money then I'd say go for it.

I just got outbid for a house I really wanted. If I could get the house I wanted by quing I'd do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yoman

Thanks SparkyLarks. A friend just told me she wouldn't have got her first house if her boyfriend wasn't a good runner!!! They queued all night and when the door to the sales office opened everyone ran in knocking people over and everything :eek:

What I don't understand is why an estate agent won't give the people on the cancellation list first choice since they missed out on phase 1!!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

yoman wrote:
    Thanks SparkyLarks. A friend just told me she wouldn't have got her first house if her boyfriend wasn't a good runner!!! They queued all night and when the door to the sales office opened everyone ran in knocking people over and everything :eek:

And yet people still claim that our property market isnt a mania. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

The developer obviosly sold them too cheap, he wont make that mistake again...
    if there is a que for something its too cheap thats what i have learned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

Where is the development? Ive never heard of people q-ing for a launch.
    PS- I wont be there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

soma wrote:
    And yet people still claim that our property market isnt a mania. :rolleyes:
    People also claim there is going to be a house price crash any minute.

Limited supply with high demand doesn't make it mania. 5 years of saving and somebody tries to jump the queue I would expect over zealous people. People have done worse for a laptop or an Ikea sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Yes, I've known people who've queued overnight, and slept in cars. Estate agents gave people numbered tickets as they arrived, so there was no mad rush when they opened the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Jumping a queue can constritute a breach of the peace and a garda can arrest you.

Advertisement