Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creative Zen in car

• 29-08-2005 4:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Yes, I know it's been asked before, but this is slightly different.

I just got a new car, and it has a CD player, and no tape deck. Up until now I was using a cassette adapter to listen to my Zen, but now that's out the window.

So I have 3 solutions:

Buy a cheap as chips tape head (there's a spare bay for it, but no wires are visible).

Get a Belkin Tunecast or similiar. I'm not happy about the varying degrees of success I've read about these things.

Convert all my mps back to CDs, and carry about 100 CDs in my car.

Any better ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭ffocused

Get a head unit with a line input on it. Halfords have one with a tape deck for around 60EUR. You should get a good one for about 200-250 with mp3 cd player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Have you checked to see is there a line in on the back of the cd player? I think I read here before that theres often one in order to acommodate an autochanger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Interesting, muck warrior. The head unit I have has a "6-CD" button which implies to me that I can at some point (although I never will) hook up a 6 cd changer. So perhaps, there's a line in connection.

What would it look like and how would I connect my mp3 player to it. ie what sort of cable would I use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

If you have one you'll have to take out the cd player and at the back of it will be a phono connection, which is two connectors with either one of them red and the other is white or one of them is red and the other is black. Just buy a phono to 3.5mm cable (phono to earphone socket) for about a fiver and hook it up. You'll need to bring the cable out through the dashboard somehow, easiest way is to drill a hole. There also might be a gap about half way between the pedals and the steering wheel where you could bring it out. Then it should work like a charm!
    Here's a link to the type of cable you need:
    http://www.lindy.com/eire/productfolder/03/35/35490/index.php

EDIT:to fix spelling mistakes!

Advertisement