Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conorism

Options
  • 29-08-2005 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

Just wondering who remembers the religion that was Conerism (worshiping/calling Conor Sneyd God), at Session 1 this year. And who had "Conor Sneyd is God" written on their arm and the like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manda5678

I never knew much about that... I had always wondered why people had "Conor Snyed is god" written on the arms...

How exactly did this start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Well, it was a dark and stormy...day. And Fiacra (the philosophy teacher) started to insult science. So I made an I Heart Science badge, and wore it, and Conor made me make him a badge saying God, and then he wrote Conor is God on my face, and it took off from there....Oh, good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manda5678

Cool! I always wondered how it had come about..but now i know. yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 invisibleghost

I have a vague(sp?) memory of it... :p

That was so much fun... Barry told me that if it got out of hand something would have to be done about it, and warned me not to write it on any DCU property... :mad:
    Aw, I miss all my minions... I had a minnie revival of it at the reunion on Saturday, I got like 3 people to write "Conor Sneyd is God... AGAIN!" on their arm, but it just wasn't the same...

Also, to whoever wrote the CTYIcon, I was VERY offended that my cult wasnt mentioned in the cult classics section... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

That was so much fun... Barry told me that if it got out of hand something would have to be done about it, and warned me not to write it on any DCU property... :mad:
    Aw, I miss all my minions... I had a minnie revival of it at the reunion on Saturday, I got like 3 people to write "Conor Sneyd is God... AGAIN!" on their arm, but it just wasn't the same...

Also, to whoever wrote the CTYIcon, I was VERY offended that my cult wasnt mentioned in the cult classics section... :(

So you should be Conor, so you should be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Chris IS Cool

Flashling wrote:
    Well, it was a dark and stormy...day. And Fiacra (the philosophy teacher) started to insult science. So I made an I Heart Science badge, and wore it, and Conor made me make him a badge saying God, and then he wrote Conor is God on my face, and it took off from there....Oh, good times.

It makes more sense than most CTYI-related things. Far more sense.

Damn. Now I wish I'd had "Conor Sneyd is God" on my arm... It was just one of those weird things happening around me... In hindsight it seems so much cooler...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

As always, Session 2 has a better cult: Fabuloism, we worship the god Fabulo which sometimes enters the body of Silky. Ou cult beats your cult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 invisibleghost

Piste wrote:
    As always, Session 2 has a better cult: Fabuloism, we worship the god Fabulo which sometimes enters the body of Silky. Ou cult beats your cult.
    Oh really? Well my cult had God (me), several goddeses ( Deirdre, Liath and Alison.. and maybe more) a devil (Odran) an antichrist (I cant remember who it was, I think several people were fighting for the title) a hierarchy of minions and a weekly revelation. Though the cult officially ended after 24 hours, but really its still alive in the hearts of all those blessed minions. What did YOURS have?
    Also there were rumours going around that I was gonaa get in serious trouble for vandalizing so many students from Barry who was apparently a devout Christian... Hehe :cool:

Also, I was planning on having the Seven Greatest Sins (Great in the good sense) but never did since I never got past number one (sodomy) since everything else paled in comparison... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Our cult has the prophet Jen and her army of Protegés

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

That was me. I'm sorry. I didn't even hear of your cult. If ever I'm writing another article on cults yours will be there-watch this space!

• Advertisement

Adesina wrote:
    Just wondering who remembers the religion that was Conerism...

Damn. I seriously thought it was the worship of Cones. Long have I searched for a religion of this nature...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Oh good, I'm not the only one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Yeah, the misspelled title is really grating on me at this stage - forgive my retentiveness...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Thought it was Corner-ism myself.

Corners are an underappreciated asset of modern society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

Just fixed the spelling in the title, sorry about the misspelling :( , I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭odranCN

i believe that i was the satan of conorism and that that very religion/way of life was pro-satan

Advertisement