Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PE5 Question...

Options
  • 29-08-2005 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Will the new pro evo have up to date teams. I swear i saw a screenie with viera playin for arsenal. Also will it have all the proper jerseys and team names? I have the Xport thing for the ps2 so thats why im askin.

Nex

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

They have 5 new licences so all PL teams will be correct kinda , konami do some weird things.

In WE9 the files are timestamped the day Viera left(thats the last time the dev team touched them) but hes with Juve ...well done konami but Roy Carroll still in goal for Utd with VDS on the bence, Carrol left in may :confused:

Everything else correct up to then but for Pes4 they were lazy assed about it some players were long gone or they made up some tranfers they assumed would go tru.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

This WE9? This the same as PE5?. Well i would prefer if the teams were up to date. Its kinda crap otherwise :)

Nex

Winning Eleven 9 is the jap version, its usually the benchmakr of whats changed but PES comes out 3 months after We so may have one or 2 minor changes to it.

But they have the full FIFpro licence and most of Europes top leagues.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Good and thx :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mark_T_147

Lies! All Lies! Nah jus kiddin... But Konami don't have the full Fifpro licence... They only have the Arsenal and Chelsea licences from the premier league. The rest are the usual "McCresta Utd" (Man U), "Darison A" (Charlton), "Neocastin U" (Newcatle)...

The reason there's only two is that they can use 2 teams for free as the licensing is different for the Pemier league: any more and they'd have to pay for the entire league licence. They have d players names' though.

Konami have even gone as far as sneakily changin the Utd. strip to look as close as poss. for the videos they've released for the game. Sorry to burst ur bubble mate, but only Ars'nl n Chelski r licensed from PL!

• Advertisement

Mark_T_147 wrote:

Konami have even gone as far as sneakily changin the Utd. strip to look as close as poss. for the videos they've released for the game. Sorry to burst ur bubble mate, but only Ars'nl n Chelski r licensed from PL!

Fifpro is the players union, fifpro licences PLAYER names only.

Like duh!

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mark_T_147

Ah right sorry...well im speakin in terms of premier league teams included which u didnt seem too au fais with in relation to the original 2nd question.
    Nexus wrote:
    Will the new pro evo have up to date teams. I swear i saw a screenie with viera playin for arsenal. Also will it have all the proper jerseys and team names? I have the Xport thing for the ps2 so thats why im askin.

Nex

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Not much to complain about, it should take about 45 seconds to move Vieira to Juventus yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

what tournaments are going to be in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

The usual international/ exhibition tournaments, nothing new.

The only difference is that when playing a normal league (ie. Serie A, La Liga) you play that leagues cup games along with it. A nice addition, but nothing spectacular.

The only other Difference is in the ML, I think you might get to play the world club championships if you manage to qualify for them. I've not played the ML much so far so I've yet to find out properly, but I think I remember reading it somewhere. :confused:
    It might not be fact so dont take my word for it yet anyway. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

I think aswell that in the Master League you play in one of the real European leagues rather than random ones.

Nope, you're still stuck with PES4 setup.

16 teams to the top division, of which their are 4, and then an 8 team second division. Pretty crappy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

dar83 wrote:
    Nope, you're still stuck with PES4 setup.

16 teams to the top division, of which their are 4, and then an 8 team second division. Pretty crappy.

The word crappy should never be used around Pro Evo :D

It should when it takes Konami over 5 years (and probably more) to implement a proper ML structure, one that could even at least hold the right amount of teams per league. :(

It needs a revamp, and a big one.

Advertisement